• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poorly rabbit at P@H

Fionabun

Mama Doe
Hi there. I went into this place tonight, Falkirk branch, not a place I regularly visit but sometimes the urge to go in and moan about it afterwards takes over.

Like many other P@H stores the bunnies are now living in the big aviary, in preparation for the arrival of French Lops and all the other biggies that will be 'arriving in the New Year. :(

I noticed a lovely little bunny who had a very bad eye infection. It was very very noticeable. I alerted a staff member straight away who was vigourously adding hay to another run that I had just complained about.

This chap is actually very helpful. He picked up the bunny in an appalling way which I gave him a right old row about, let's not even go there. Let's just say I made him put the rabbit back down and pick it up again...properly. That was him told.

I told him the rabbit needed to see the vet asap. He said he will take it personally tomorrow morning first thing. I said "That's great, I'll phone you at 9.30am to hear how he got on then".

In fairness, he asked me all about what might have happened and a junior, very shy worker listened in intently, though think I shocked him with the swear words I muttered under my breath when leaving.

I fully intend to phone tomorrow to enquire after his eye.

Vibes for this little bunny if there are any to spare!

Fiona x

awww vibes for the wee man, and too right you phone and makre sure they'v taken him! Keep us posted k :D

I have called to check on this bunny. They said he has been to the vet and is getting treatment.

I couldn't get any specific information. The man then said "so everything is sorted" and I said "Is he back for sale then?" He said no, he is in isolation whilst he gets his treatment, thats policy.

Bless him, I suppose he then won't be sold as a last minute Xmas gift but I guess he could be sitting in a cramped little cage out the back. Poor boy.

I wonder who will give him his meds on Christmas day? Who feeds the bunnies on Christmas day too? Do I want to know?

Fiona x

Back