• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jack still not liking SS...

buddabun

Warren Veteran
...is it feasable to give them SS and excel (she ate that) or is she just going to be fussy about Excel too and refuse it.

the only reason I ask is I just bought a 10kg bag of SS and am really annoyed that she's so picky!!!!!!!!!!

isn't it a bit cruel though since she obviously doesn't like it. it seems a bit unfair to give her no other option...

I got 2 smaller bags of SS and honey would not touch it, I thought if I gave him nothing but SS and hay for a while he'd start eating it but nope, he didnt like it and that was that. So thy'r on excell again

Are you still giving them both the new food and the old food, if you are cut the total amount right back and just keep going, they will eventually eat it. All the buns at ARC are on Oxbow bunnybasics T, we rarely have anything else, they have no choice, like Jill says within a short while they all will eat it.

she's off the excel now but when i go to feed them int he morning they come running to me like loonies as always but once they see what I've put down, charlie wolfs it down but jsut turns her nose up at it and hops away... just seems mean to give her no other option but something she hates... kinda like if you hated tomatoes and that's all you were allowed ot eat - sure you'd eat it eventually but you wouldn't necessarily LIKE it...

will give it a go for a few more days but am pretty sure I'm going to have to buy some excel for her.. don't wanther missing out on nutrients!

I know what you mean, but SS is a really good food and will be better for her than excel.

I dont think she'll be missing out on any nutrients, as some people feed a hay and veg only diet anyway.

i'm not being argumentative but i did ask the vet a couple of weeks ago when she was spayed and he said there was very little difference between SS and XL... what is it that makes SS so popular? I would listen to you lot over the vet about this as everyone on here seems to know a lot more about buns (not putting the vet down but he sees more cats and dogs than buns I reckon)..

so what is so much better about SS?

As i understand it, SS is higher in fibre - which rabbits need a lot of.
Also excel can cause sticky bum.

Lots of people obviously feed excel with no problems tho....

Back