• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures of them in the garden... How do you manage it??

tigerbabe

Mama Doe
I finally decided I know the rabbits well enough and I feel confident enough to let them 'free range' in the garden.

Today was their 3rd day out and I decided to try and get a few pictures :shock: I ended up with over 150 shots and I haven't sorted through them all yet but I'll be lucky if 2 of them are anything more a blur :lol:
They literally don't stay still for 2 seconds!

How do you manage it?? :lol:

fluffiebunnie said:
Maybe they will calm down a bit once the garden doesnt seem a novelty????????

It's a possibility I suppose, but they might not be here long enough for that to happen. At least they're ok about going in... well they are compared to most of the other rabbits I've had. Poppy even let me pick her up out there on Sunday :shock: I've never had a rabbit that would let me pick them up when they're out 'n' about!

I wait until they have been jumping about all over the garden for a few hours then I go out with my camera, and get pictures of them resting :lol:

I am letting Scarlett go free range in the garden on Saturday and I know I am never going to get her back in :shock:

I have got used to just calling Malibu and Trip and them getting back in their hutches

tigerbabe said:
I finally decided I know the rabbits well enough and I feel confident enough to let them 'free range' in the garden.

Today was their 3rd day out and I decided to try and get a few pictures :shock: I ended up with over 150 shots and I haven't sorted through them all yet but I'll be lucky if 2 of them are anything more a blur :lol:

Sounds like you need to use a video camera instead! :lol:

Aliandbuns said:
tigerbabe said:

Sounds like you need to use a video camera instead! :lol:

I tried that too, but they can get from one end of a 100ft garden to the other alot faster than I can! I ended up with a madly shaky picture where I was trying to catch up with them or they were so far away all you could see was a little black dot :lol:

sillyrabbit - I can't leave them out there alone and I can only manage an hour or so out there so no chance of them tiring themselves out :D

what type of camera have you got?

has it got a multiple shot function? this will quickly take a series of pics and you are much more likely to get the results you are after. either that of if you can set you camera to a fster shutter speed (higher the number the better) or use a flash as this will allow the camra to use a faster shutter as mre light gets in.
if all else fails use a video camera :lol: (i think you can get a program where you can get stills from a video but not 100% :D )
keep persevering and you will get them :wink:

cheekytikki said:
what type of camera have you got?

has it got a multiple shot function? this will quickly take a series of pics and you are much more likely to get the results you are after. either that of if you can set you camera to a fster shutter speed (higher the number the better) or use a flash as this will allow the camra to use a faster shutter as mre light gets in.
if all else fails use a video camera :lol: (i think you can get a program where you can get stills from a video but not 100% :D )
keep persevering and you will get them :wink:

yep it's got the multi shot thing but even with that all I got was blurs :lol:
I've got no idea about the techy side of cameras but I've managed quite well with this one... til today :lol:

And I thought it was hard work getting decent rat pictures :roll: :lol:

I lie on the ground on a plastic sheet with camera at the ready. Eventually they get curious and come to me for a closer look and I take the photo. Gives the neighbours a laugh too :oops: :lol:

Mike

Pepsi's People said:
I lie on the ground on a plastic sheet with camera at the ready. Eventually they get curious and come to me for a closer look and I take the photo. Gives the neighbours a laugh too :oops: :lol:

Mike

Wow you're dedicated, great results though if your sig is anything to go by :D

Sadly I don't think I'm quite interesting enough to get their attention... maybe if I dress like a clown and ride around on a unicycle :?: :lol:

I reckon my neighbours think I'm mad anyway... I spent the summer talking to toads and ladybirds :oops: :lol:

Hi there. I found a 'sports' setting on my digital camera which does the trick. It basically gives you a really really fast shutter speed, meaning it can catch fast movements.

That's how I got the photo of Clover mid-run in my signature, who was running very very very fast in the garden at the time. The only thing is, when it is on sport setting, it can't work with the flash, the flash isn't quick enough so needs to be daylight.

Lucky bunnies with a 100ft garden!! Brilliant fun! Proper full speed binkies ahoy!

Fiona x

Fionabun said:
Hi there. I found a 'sports' setting on my digital camera which does the trick. It basically gives you a really really fast shutter speed, meaning it can catch fast movements.

That's how I got the photo of Clover mid-run in my signature, who was running very very very fast in the garden at the time. The only thing is, when it is on sport setting, it can't work with the flash, the flash isn't quick enough so needs to be daylight.

Fiona x

I've got a sports setting, forgot all about it til you mentioned it! Not being able to use the flash isn't a problem, there's no way on earth I'd let them out in the dark... I'd never find them :lol:
I'll give it a go tomorrow :D

Fionabun said:
Lucky bunnies with a 100ft garden!! Brilliant fun! Proper full speed binkies ahoy!

One of the perks that comes from living with the parents :wink:

Back