• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What hay/grass should I buy Harvey?

Nicola3

Mama Doe
I'm going to buy my incisorless bunny, Harvey, some new hay and grasses to try.

It looks like the simply grass is a fave with a lot of buns.

Any others I should try him on that he may like. At the mo I have to cut it up with scissors for the little man.

What about the other hays and herbal hays. The new timothy with herbs at bunnybasics looks quite good. Anybody tried their buns on it yet?

Any other suggestions on yummy hays/grasses I can try my fussy little man on all very gratefully received.

Hugs,

Nic and Harvey xxx

I mix up Oxbow timothy hay with Sainsburys hay, which is lovely and green. It is also really soft (unlike the oxbow, which is very coarse). Might be easy for your bun to get down? Cheap too! :)

We have a huge choice of hay's

from chops such as the just grass, and ruff stuff to the alpine / herbal, alfalfa, 1st /2nd cut Timothy and our meadow hay will be back in stock by thursday (in full bales only) hay cubes and disks too

other than that there is readigrass, and loads of other suppliers of forage products in the UK.

The choice is yours :)

I found my incisorless loved the chopped timothy, as well as the grass mix. They also went barmy for the 2nd cut timothy but as it was softer I mixed it in with their normal hay (farm bale) so they'd eat the thicker stalks as well, for wearing down their molars.
Just a warning about the Sainsbury hay, I found it really dusty and it set Rex off with bad allergies. His eye was weepy and shut for days, even after binning the lot and cleaning out the whole crate/pen. He was then sensitive to hay for a while so the poor guy must've been quite uncomfortable til his immune system settled down

I agree - there is a fair amount of dust in the Sainsburys hay. Doesn't seem to bother the buns though. Most of the dust seems to be in the bottom of the bag, so I just chuck it out with the bag.

If you haven't tried the Hay Experts Simply grass Nicola then I could give you a handful out of my bag at home when you come and get the pellets and see if Harv likes it before you buy a whole bag?

Let me know

Shiv, Zi & Fia xXXx

Back