• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dilemma with fudge

touie

Wise Old Thumper
for those of you who know about Fudge and his occasional aggressive episodes. Would you try to bond him with another rabbit or assume that at some point he will get grumpy and attack the potential partner so best to keep him single.

He doesn't bite very often maybe only 2 or 3 times a year, but when he does he really does go for the kill, and he won't give up till he's succeeded as you can see in my pic on general chat. He firstly lived with his brother who he was very posessive over but not aggressive, then Amy who he bit badly more than once and i had to separate them.

At what point do you give up and say that the rabbit can't live with other rabbits?

Calel tried to kill me (I'm not prone to exaggerration or anything :oops: ) but he bonded easily & well with Treacle. I got him vet checked first to make sure he was neutered/not in pain, then put him with a friendly little spayed girlie. They are in love - I have never seen any kind of aggression between him & other buns. There are temp buns in his room (including un-neutered males), but he sniffs them through the cage bars, but no upset caused :D
I was worried, cos IMO Calel is psycho. He flings himself around his cage/room & randomly attacks stuff or people - but never buns. :D
Having said that - I can no longer get near Treacle. Calel gets jealous. i feel less guilty about HIM now he's not alone, but I wish I had picked a less-human friendly bun than Treacle :roll:

Angie65 said:
Calel tried to kill me (I'm not prone to exaggerration or anything :oops: ) but he bonded easily & well with Treacle. I got him vet checked first to make sure he was neutered/not in pain, then put him with a friendly little spayed girlie. They are in love - I have never seen any kind of aggression between him & other buns. There are temp buns in his room (including un-neutered males), but he sniffs them through the cage bars, but no upset caused :D
I was worried, cos IMO Calel is psycho. He flings himself around his cage/room & randomly attacks stuff or people - but never buns. :D
Having said that - I can no longer get near Treacle. Calel gets jealous. i feel less guilty about HIM now he's not alone, but I wish I had picked a less-human friendly bun than Treacle :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am sure if he found a friend he truly loved he would nto turn on them as it gets to a point where they dont remember life without one another.

Its just finding that special partner huh which could take years!

well I guess I could try him with Twinkle just to see how they get on, though I feel mean cause she's really lovely and sweet and he's a big bully! :?

Back