• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please send Healing Vibes for Isis

Adele

Warren Veteran
Hiya :)
I just wanted to let you know about our beautiful little Isis (Grey Lionhead) Doe, who looks just like a cuddly Koala Bear :love:
Isis has been living very happily with two other Lionheads Buttons, and Lady Guinivere for over a year now without their ever being any problems.
A few days ago, I opened up the gazebo and discovered to my absolute horror a trail of blood leading uo into the hutch area above :( :( :(
I opened the bunnies house up and discovered our darling Isis had been attacked and mauled badly :( :( Her nose had been bitten in two :( her eye lid had been torn :( her ears had been badly nibbled :( and she was shaking from head to toe :( :( :(
I could see her fur had been pulled out, and Lady G had some around her mouth so I knew who the culprit was :( :(
I gathered up our trembling little darling, and prepared a carrier to take Isis to the vets as she obviously needed surgery to stick her back together again.
I am delighted to say that Isis came through both the trauma of the attack, and the surgery and is making a great recovery, though she is now living by herself till she heals. I will introduce her to a buddy, or group elsewhere in the Spring, but am making a lot of fuss of her in the meantime and she has been promoted to housebunny status :wink: :D
I wanted to tell you about this, as it illustrates how important it is to regularly check your bunnies for any injuries, even if they appear happily settled with a buddy or in a group.
It has been very upsetting as you can imagine, but we truly had no warning this would happen, it is just rabbits being rabbits for you :roll:

Other news here, is that our young Angora rescue Mauna-Kea, has had white discharge from her nostril for three weeks :? , The vet popped Mauna on antibiotics having examined her nose and found nothing out of the ordinary. After a couple of weeks I was not convinced it was just an infection, so got the torch out and had a good rummage up Maunas nose :shock: :shock: :lol: I spotted something embedded in the lining of Maunas nostril, and took her back to the vets to show her where I had seen the thingy up Maunas nose :shock: :lol: :lol: The vet agreed it was a foreign object, gave Mauna a whiff of gas there and then, and a good old flush of the eyes and sinuses brought a huge thorn out of Maunas nose :shock: :shock: So we are hopeful that has done the trick, and Mauna seems a LOT better this morning, really lively and back to her cheeky self :D :D
All in all, it has been a very busy few weeks here at the Sanctuary, and we now have 50 rabbits in residence for the Christmas period, so had better get back to my labours of love :wink: :D :D
Isis and Mauna-Kea send their love, and hope in return you will send some healing vibes to them so they can continue a positive recovery.
Best wishes
Adele

:shock: Poor Isis, that must of hurt! I'm so glad she and Mauna-Kea are doing better after their problems though and hopefully Isis will a nice new friend soon. :D

Glad Isis has recovered. As humans I guess we will never know why bunnies will suddenly attack each other and Lady G was indeed a naughty
girl. Your eyesights probably better than your vets to spot the thorn :roll:

awww poo isis :cry: I remember when my 2 were fighting and poor Gypsy had a ripped eye, it was terrifiying :shock: so glad that Isis has recovered from the fight and the surgery. sending lots of possitive vibes her way xxx
poor Mauna-kea :shock: a thorn up the shnoze :( glad she's ok now sending vibes to her too xxx
our bunnies are such a worry!

Poor Isis :cry: Sending lots of healing vibes to her.
Well done for locating the thorn up Mauna's nose!! :shock: :shock:

Janex

Awww poor little Isis :( I think all of us must have an absolute horror of something like that happening. Glad she's on the mend! :D

As for the thorn :shock: :shock: Lucky you were so on the ball and spotted it - just goes to show how things can get overlooked doesn't it?

Gosh these bunnies are real worries sometimes!

Poor girly, lots of healing vibes and snuggles coming from me and my bunnies.

Oh and thank you very much for the Xmas card, been meaning to email you :D

Nicola

poor isis :( i'm sure with all the love you give her she'll feel better soon. me, paul and the bunnies send her lots of snuggles. we were looking back through photos two nights ago and said we wondered how they all were, she was such a little darling - she seemed so innocent, she definitely stole my heart :love:

Double ouch!

I hope both ladies are feeling much better after their traumas.

Merry Christmas to you and the furries!

Back