• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your bunnies ever...

Aliandbuns

Mama Doe
...run round with food in their mouths looking for the perfect place to sit and eat it?

Molly is always the first to snatch veggies and run off - she knows she has to run off before Piper pinches the veg from her. But then she just keeps running all over the place trying to decide where to sit and eat it (she looks very funny running round with a brussel sprout in her mouth :lol: ).

By the time she does eventually find a spot she likes, Piper has finished his treat and then goes after Molly and the whole running round thing starts all over again.

She really is a crazy bunny! :lol:

Awww yes
Oscar does this, even though there is no other bunn to nick it off him, He runs around like a maniac when we give him a bit of carrot or something, and when we give it him, everyone says "There he goes" as he runs away with his ill gotten gains :lol:

Yes, but only the ones who are bonded with partners, the single ones don't do it, I think it's really funny and sometime they have a tug od war over something tasty!

Tuesday is particularly talented at this... but not with veg - only with loo roll paper! :lol:
(silly boy!) he thinks it's great!

:lol: :lol: teegs does that all the time with veges and clumps of hay i reckon he has been watching the dogs carrying toys round :lol:

we will drop a handfull of greens into one of the hutches and mum dad and sister all share 1 leaf,all tugging it from one another :lol:

:love: Samantha and the buns

Yes! Breakfast time for my two goes pretty much like this:
Snatch greens off Jess and run away into the corner of the run so nobody can steal them from me! :wink: :lol: :lol:

yep some of mine do :lol: Splode has done laps of the house with a carrot in his mouth so he doesn't have to share it :lol: and Fudge still brings all his veg into the lounge to sit and eat despite not having a partner to pinch it, none of my girls do though!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yep! Whenever we give Bambi anything she runs round and flicks her feet as she does it - bunnies are wickid huh :love:

Lola doesnt as she knows NO-BUN will ever dare take it off her :oops:

but the rest do - Gus spring-green snatches and runs off to hide in a safe corner to eat it, usually tripping over his ears or the spring-greens in the process - Frida has started to do exactly the same but she will eat a bit then take it somewhere else and eat a bit more

Bracken will just retreat with carrot etc into her box - she usually doesnt bother with lesser veg like greens :)

I love watching Munchie run off to lots of different spots before she'll sit down and eat, Twixy on the other hand is so laid-back he'll just eat the food where it is.

Bobby and Ruby do, especially Ruby, but it's only with carrot and sprouts. She has a favourite place to eat it - under their stool - but sometimes she'll look for somewhere new. Bobby just turns his back, like 'I'm invisible now you can't see me :lol:

Every Day.....Its like a ritual....MooMoo will grab a piece of carrot and run about the shed, and then out in the run to find that perfect spot. normally she either drops the carrot during the runabout or she will end up back where she started. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its so funny to watch

Oh yeh! Archie does a lap of the run - in the shed - upstairs - downstairs - back out to the run then eats it! Don't know why cos Foz eats really slowly so she couldn't ever pinch it off him.

Maddie does this now too - and just can't decide where to sit too eat it. She'll walk through food and water bowls in her quest for the perfect place - then realises shes dropped it somewhere along the way.

Random! But glad they're not the only ones!

Yes! Bundle has always done it right from being a baby! :lol: It's really comical to see her racing round with a massive spring green leaf hanging out of her mouth! :lol: :lol:

Weedie didn't do it when we first got him, but I dunno whether he's copying Bundle now or just feels like it, but now the pair of them race round nearly colliding with each other with whatever food item they've been given hanging out of their mouths! :lol: :lol: :lol: Weedie even does it with his SS pellets now - grabs a mouthful out of the bowl and runs off to find a corner to eat them before coming back for more! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes yes and more yes,!!!
Its so funny whenn they are tiny and ddo it... especially when the greens are bigger than they are then they trip over ears and greens and go flying - better than a comedy show any day

Back