• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I give up this week

elaine

Mama Doe
I totally and utterly give up this week and it is only monday

Sat a lady rings she doesn't want her rabbits as she no longer can/will care for them so i agree to go and collect them...expecting really bad state not too bad but they are very thin and lets say not the frienliest.

Sat afternoon have to take a rabbit to the vet turns out has a huge absess in its hip so has to be put to sleep as the leg is "dead" has no circulation

Other rabbit has sore eye so start treatment for that.

Sun... goes into the shed 2 dead guineas

Sun rabbit with sore eye has got worse

Monday takes rabbit with sore eye back to vet as the eye is popping out of its head, the vet has now rung and it has huge absess behind a back tooth that cannot be treated as it will come back as soon as he comes off treatment so put to sleep again

Dutch rabbit that has been a sickly rabbit since coming in has decided that it doesn't like life anymore and has decided to die..

wonder what will happen the rest of the week

Elaine

Monday

Dear Elaine

we are very sorry to hear that you are experiencing such a difficult and upsetting time with the bunnies :( :( :(
I think back to the time a few months ago, when we had a run of bunnies becoming very ill, or dying, and how you were there for me to pick me back up again :D I just want you to know we UNDERSTAND how you feel, and remember we are always here for you if you need a chat.
Things will get better, it is just so hard when one things happens after another, but please keep reminding yourself about all the bunnies you have saved and helped :D
Keep up your excellent work, I think you do a fantastic job, and it is hardly surprising that things get to you at times, but that just shows what a loving, caring and wonderful lady you are.
Lots of love
Adele, David and all the bunnies

Adele said:
Dear Elaine

we are very sorry to hear that you are experiencing such a difficult and upsetting time with the bunnies :( :( :(
I think back to the time a few months ago, when we had a run of bunnies becoming very ill, or dying, and how you were there for me to pick me back up again :D I just want you to know we UNDERSTAND how you feel, and remember we are always here for you if you need a chat.
Things will get better, it is just so hard when one things happens after another, but please keep reminding yourself about all the bunnies you have saved and helped :D
Keep up your excellent work, I think you do a fantastic job, and it is hardly surprising that things get to you at times, but that just shows what a loving, caring and wonderful lady you are.
Lots of love
Adele, David and all the bunnies

Aww I totally agree with Adele here, Elaine gets virtually no praise on here, and just goes about running the rescue without moaning or anything .. Massive thumbs up mate :D xX

it sounds like you're having a really tough time at the minute

i know it must be so difficult but you can get through it, you do such a great job and the buns would be lost without you

Back