• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fav Places to be Stroked

Jonny

Warren Scout
Where do buns enjoy being stroked most?

My little buck, Ben, is the only one of my three who allows me to stroke him at all. But he seems to relax when he gets his nose rubbed.

The girls are starting to get a little tamer now. They no longer run when the accidentally brush against me, and Jess even let me stroke the top of her head very briefly yesterday.

Is there anywhere in particular a bun likes to be stoked or rubbed to help them relax?

My girls like nose rubs and generally having the length of their backs stroked, however I pet-sat some rabbits once that loved head rubs! :D

Edit: Just realised that didn't make sense! :roll: :oops: :lol:

Chocolate, Calel, Rosie, Flint, Alex, Alfie & Polly, all love nose rubs. Chocolate & Alex shut their eyes & sprawl out while I'm doing it. Calel loves it, but he gets aggressive when I stop :shock: & starts flinging himself around. Barley likes her chin rubbing :D The rest of my own buns prefer not to be touched :lol:

Evo like the top of his head, his cheeks and between his eyes and his ears. He also likes me to lift up his ears and run my hands along them. I like the stroke his ickle front paws, don't know if he likes it, but he lets me do it. :lol:

Gus adores being stroked on the nape of his neck - and between his ears. He wont entertain a nose rub though!

Lola loves all fussing and i dont think she has a preference.

bracken loves nose rubs

and zeb & frida prefer to destroy things as they are still babies really

mandy said:
Jonny, you might like this on how to understand your rabbits behaviour. Its got a bit about how they prefer being stroked and the rest is really interesting too:

http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk_intro.html

That was a really interesting read - Jacob loves nose rubs too, and she gets VERY stroppy if I don't stroke her as soon as she decides she's ready to be 'groomed'. I'm glad to read that it's not just my bun who digs at my feet if I don't respond immediately :shock: :lol:

rosie loves her ears being stroked especially a good massge on the insaides she sticks her head to the side and hangs her tongue out :lol:
mo is starange he thinks he's a dog he loves having his tummy stroked the most

lisa

Jack loves cheek rubs and nose rubs so pretty typical bunny really. He loves it when I sit with knees pulled up - he lays on me and is given a good bunny massage - he falls asleep and chatters his teeth, sometimes its all to much after 5 mins but sometimes he is happy to sit like that for a hour at a time! Milly loves hiding and avoiding all contact unless she is getting fed!! Occasionally she lets me pat her head but thats it!!

Head area deffo probs over their eyes esp Bambi :love:

Orchid likes her index toe on her rear right leg stroked best though :love:

Rallybunny said:
mandy said:
Jonny, you might like this on how to understand your rabbits behaviour. Its got a bit about how they prefer being stroked and the rest is really interesting too:

Hahahahahaha Evo is definitely the "royal" rabbit. I must shoiw my o/h! :lol:

Wheres the bit abpti Royal rabbit?

OMG I love the description of how to do a binky I gonna do one later :D

BirdieBun said:
Rallybunny said:
mandy said:

In the "prove that you love me" bit.

Rallybunny said:
BirdieBun said:
Rallybunny said:
mandy said:

In the "prove that you love me" bit.

What did you say again???? You love Take That? Sorry hun didn't quite hear you :oops:

BirdieBun said:
Orchid likes her index toe on her rear right leg stroked best though :love:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry carys, that made me laugh! :lol: :lol:

My two like behind their ears rubbed :D

mine like their cheeks and nose, and also ill hold their ears (put my thumb behind the base and my fingers around the front), and kind of gently tug at the base of their ears and stroke jst the base, thy like tht the most.

Back