• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rabbits get styes?

lucyj

Mama Doe
Harly has a little spot on his eyelid, on the top eyelid about a centimetre from the inner corner, It doesnt seem to be bothering him at all, (and its nothing like the lumps he had with the myxi) I was wondering if it could be a sty like what humans get? Or if not ehat else it could be? :)

Sorry to hijack the thread, but Asta gets little white spots on her ears. They're very small hard lumps and go within a day or two, then she'll get one somewhere else (but always on her ears, never found them anywhere else).

They don't seem to bother her and because they dissapear quickly, I don't worry about them.

Is this similar to what Harly has, or what Jane is refering to?

Deej had a white spot on his upper eyelid last month. It was a little pussy so I bathed it 3 times a day with cool boiled water, and it disappeared after about 3-4 days.

i wonder if they get them because hay gets in their eyes??? I'm always checking Deej's eyes and removing tiny bits of hay or strands of fur as he doesn't blink them out (like other animals would) not that they ever seem to bother him.

Its more or less the same colour as his eyelid, maybe slightly more cremy coloured. It doesnt seem to be bothering him at all. I did take a big lump of 'sleep' out of his eye the other day actually. he's quite bad for getting sleep in the corners which I have to clean out, and since had myxi this has been worse. this was a v big bit tho, doesnt seem to be bothering him but I was jst curious.

Back