• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Warning RE: rabbit tents

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
I meant to post about this yesterday....

I had given my fosters a rabbit tent to play in exactly like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WIGWAM-CRUNCH...ryZ63513QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yesterday went out to find they had tipped it upside down and had been chewing it around the corners which had caused the wire frame to pop out about 2 inches. Luckily they hadnt hurt themselves, but they could easily have done....have given them a box instead to play in now.

Oh no, glad they weren't hurt Mandy. You'd think they'd test these things before they sell them wouldn't you?

Thats what I was thinking....perhaps I should write them a letter? I dont have the packaging now but I suppose I could track them down the net somewhere.

Max the guinea pig used to love the tent, but it was too small for Audrey and Rowan to use.

Are you a piggie grandma yet? :D

I think they're better for piggies really as they don't seem to chew so much. I gave MJ and Pippa a cat igloo and he's destroyed the inside of it but luckily they hadn't eaten any of the filling :roll:

Awww thanks for that info, I was going to get something like that for Bella and Benji, dont think I will now :thumb:

kayjay said:
I think they're better for piggies really as they don't seem to chew so much. I gave MJ and Pippa a cat igloo and he's destroyed the inside of it but luckily they hadn't eaten any of the filling :roll:

they're so destructive arent they :roll: Audrey and Rowan dont have a bed anymore as they either use them as litter trays, throw them around, or tear chunks out of them :lol:

mandy said:
kayjay said:

they're so destructive arent they :roll: Audrey and Rowan dont have a bed anymore as they either use them as litter trays, throw them around, or tear chunks out of them :lol:

Pippa loved it and didn't chew at all but MJ thought it was the best toy EVER :lol: I've left it with them for now as he seems to have stopped now he's stripped it of all the foam inside.

mandy said:
Thats what I was thinking....perhaps I should write them a letter? I dont have the packaging now but I suppose I could track them down the net somewhere.

Max the guinea pig used to love the tent, but it was too small for Audrey and Rowan to use.

They are made by Trixie, I can get you address if you like. They are one of my suppliers.

I could never let Dougal play in something like that, he is just far too much of a chewer! I would be worried he would do that too, and hurt himself and/or Ted.

mandy said:

Hmmph! Unfortunately not but her bones have definately parted some more, she seems determined to keep them in! I have to wander over and check the cage every half an hour and getting up in the mornings has got easier as I leap out of bed and down the stairs to check! I get palpatations when she makes a noise (apart from the demanding food wheeks!) or disappears inside her pigloo for a bit. Not sure I can take the tension much longer :lol: !!!

GemmaH said:
mandy said:

Hmmph! Unfortunately not but her bones have definately parted some more, she seems determined to keep them in! I have to wander over and check the cage every half an hour and getting up in the mornings has got easier as I leap out of bed and down the stairs to check! I get palpatations when she makes a noise (apart from the demanding food wheeks!) or disappears inside her pigloo for a bit. Not sure I can take the tension much longer :lol: !!!

Aw fingers crossed they appear soon.

I think they have a really short labour dont they? I remember when one of our pigs had babies when I was little (brought pregnant from the pet shop :roll: ), i kept checking on her and there was no sign of them and then went back about an hour later and there they were! 3 little mini pigs :love:

Back