• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Worried about Tilly-May

beckiboo186

Warren Veteran
:( I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid, but Till is worrying me at the moment. She's not really interested in spending time with me, which is so strange because we're very very close and usually shes attached to me. I've not forced her into cuddles or anything, guessed that might make it worse? Also, She hates it when I take her from the hutch .. She just wants to stay there all the time, when I bring her in, she sits at the door, when I put her in her run, she sits looking at the hutch and when I put her on the lead, she runs straight back into the hutch :? Shes pretty much the same in herself, slightly quiet, bit grouchy .. but nothing v.noticable. Not sure what to do? :( Xx

Is she pooing and eating?

I would certainly keep a very close eye on her, clean out her cage so you know the amount of output she has made. Go with your gut feeling, if you think she is not right, it might be worth geting her checked out if your vet is open, particuarly as this is Saturday afternoon and getting hold of a vet later can sometimes be trickier.

jrn1310 said:
Is she pooing and eating?

I would certainly keep a very close eye on her, clean out her cage so you know the amount of output she has made. Go with your gut feeling, if you think she is not right, it might be worth geting her checked out if your vet is open, particuarly as this is Saturday afternoon and getting hold of a vet later can sometimes be trickier.

Yep, Both Pooing and eating are fine. She was cleaned out last night & poo'd normally. She's been strange with me for about a week, just sat in her run then and she didnt like it :( Nothings happened to make her dislike me .. :? X

I would suggest then keep a really close eye on her and then take action if things do alter. I am sure that you haven't done anything wrong, you are a good mum and should hopefully pick up anything which isn't right.

Try and spend as much time as you can with her, but let it be on her terms, not yours.

mine haven't wanted to come out this week with the windy weather - could something have frightened her blowing over?

Becki, Tilly probably just loves that huge hutch so much. You make it all cosy with all that hay...i would want to stay in there too!!

Seriously, Maya has been bit weird. I have been having to scruff him, when i pick him up 'cos hes all wiggerly, and thats not him. I put that down to him hating me, right now, for squirting yucky stuff in his eyes.

Just keep a close eye on her. If you aren't happy that shes happy then maybe take her to the vet for a check up.

jrn1310 said:
I am sure that you haven't done anything wrong, you are a good mum and should hopefully pick up anything which isn't right.

Aww Thank You X

elve said:
mine haven't wanted to come out this week with the windy weather - could something have frightened her blowing over?

Guess it could be that .. although she's not usually one to be scared by things like that :?

JIMGRACIE said:
Becki, Tilly probably just loves that huge hutch so much. You make it all cosy with all that hay...i would want to stay in there too!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Think Mum wants to take her to the vets if we're still worried tomorrow Xx

@Debs111 said:
Could she be grieving still?

Tbh She didn't grieve after loosing Boo, Think the fact that she was with her when she died helped, but the night she went, I was lay on the bed on the phone, and Till was happy flopping next to me - like she always does :?

Marlene said:
How is she today Becki?

Thanks for asking Marlene :) She seems alright, got some kisses, but she still didnt want me to be around :( Getting a bit fed up of sat talking to the hutch .. hoping she's listening!! Xx

Awwww poor you Becki....
Now here here tilly, there's being a princess and there's being a princess, I think you are taking it to the extreme ... just cos we are all lower class than you - does not mean you need to treat your mummy like your servant! :lol:

But seriously though, it could be the wind and things, cos Isaacs a pain to get out, and Snowflake makes a dash for the house when its windy and then I dont see them for hours cos they are hiding under the bed.

But her giving you kisses is always a good sign! :)

Snowflakes mummy said:
Awwww poor you Becki....
Now here here tilly, there's being a princess and there's being a princess, I think you are taking it to the extreme ... just cos we are all lower class than you - does not mean you need to treat your mummy like your servant! :lol:

But seriously though, it could be the wind and things, cos Isaacs a pain to get out, and Snowflake makes a dash for the house when its windy and then I dont see them for hours cos they are hiding under the bed.

But her giving you kisses is always a good sign! :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks Mate :wink: Well she was still acting v.strange until 11.40 Sunday night .. went out to check on her, and when she saw me she binkied, big yawn & stretch, then wanted to cuddle & lick me for aaaaages!!! I just stayed and snuggled with her and eventually fell asleep ... Gawd its really strange!! :? Really glad I've got my baby back though :D :D (also, Vens at the vets tomorrow, shall I get Dad to take her along for a quick check up or leave her now shes ok? :)) xX

Back