• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unbelievable

Isabel

Warren Veteran
Just met my rabbit owning friend at the pub and the first thing she said to me was "guess what was in my kitchen when I got home!"
Her brothers, girlfriends, parents had found a poor otter netherland dwarf in a box in a skip!!! They thought it had probably been there all night as it was freezing. How can anyone just dump a rabbit like that. I know a lot of you will probably have loads of stories like this, I've read them myself on here but it's just really shocked me. my friend said apart from obviously being very scared the bun (now Rudy) has a good temperament and looks in good health and well looked after...why, why dump him?
On a similar note someone at work mentioned that some sort of recent survey said rabbits are the worst treated pets in the UK!!!! :evil:

Poor thing, glad it is now safe. Unfortunately people do horrid things to so many animals including rabbits.

nicola12 said:
aww poor guy.are you keeping the little guy? :)

Unfortunately I don't have the money or the room. Ironically my friend who currently has him has just got a second rabbit so she can't really keep him either (although I'm working on persuading her :wink: ) I think she's going to keep him temporarily. obviously it's probably the worst time of year for rescues.

hi well i live in mansfield.notts and ive just started to take in rescues.and ive got space for the little guy.but ive got no transport :(

nicola12 said:
hi well i live in mansfield.notts and ive just started to take in rescues.and ive got space for the little guy.but ive got no transport :(

Really! I can drive him. I'll speak to my friend tommorrow and PM you if thats ok. Thank you :wink:

Just been to visit him, I have fallen in love. I've never seen an otter nethie before he's so silky soft! awwww. the same friend also has an extraordinarily hairy slipper bun. My o/h had to beep several times to get me out of there :D

Awww thank God the bunny was found!
There's no end to evil in this world! :(

Yeah I heard to that bunnies are the worst treated pets... my mums friend said to her, I guess expecting that mine lived down the end of a garden, she soon found out mine didnt! and is now coming over for bunny cuddles lol

Back