• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

teeth burring

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
got duchess's teeth burring on monday and was just wondering what i should expect to pay for it? also any 'extras' i should get????

any help much appreciated thanks :D

My first bun had terrible malocclusion of his cheek teeth. He had spurs removed three times (he wouldn't eat enough hay :(). My vet charged me £95 each time for this - £50 of that was for the GA, the remainder for the treatment. Sending vibes to Duchess xx

Your Vet should give you an approximate quote. Its usually done under GA.
I pay £35-£40 but some people on here have paid about £120..... :shock:

Janex

eeeek! £120!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

fingers crossed mine is a nice vet who charges £35-40! :lol: will have to remember to ask on monday when i drop her off!

duchess is def having a GA as the vet said she would be too tired to be moody ( :lol: she doesnt know the duchess very well :lol: )

Have any of your buns had a GA at that vets recently (ie for a spay)? If you have the reciept for that treatment then it should break down how much the GA cost.. that'll give you at least some idea before Monday of what price bracket the treatment will fall in!

Good luck xx

not since teegs was neutered back in july time (havent got the receipt) but i seem to remember that cost about £40-50 so fingers crossed it wont be too high

Oh, if it was £40-50 for the spay then I doubt your vets will be as expensive as mine - mine charge £70 to spay a bun :shock: I guess Duchess' treatment will be nearer the £40 mark then :D

Austin had his teeth done about 2 months ago and the bill was just over £90 - however I have quite an old bun and he did have some extra medication over the next few days to help his guts get going because he took a long time to come around and recover...... Fingers crossed he doesn't have to have it done again any time soon....

Good Luck on Monday

My vet charges about £30. I think I get a little discount though (his best customer at the mo!)

That includes painkillers and extra meds to take home

x

For a dental with GA (to do back teeth) mine is about £70 and for just burring the front teeth it's £12.50.

Nicola

Back