• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

back to the vets again / U/D we're back

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
i spoke to soon! yesterday she was quiet again and teegs has been super snuggly with her and grroming her face :love: i have feen syringing her the recovery food as directed by the vet (who else thinks it looks like diarrhoea and smells like gravy? ) well anyway when i was syringing her i noticed her front teeth aren't how i imagined them to be (i might sound stupid because they are probably fine but the front teeth sit near her bottom lip and the bottom teeth sit behind her front teeth near her gum) is this normal or should the top and bottom teeth actually meet? the vet on monday and wednesday didnt check her teeth, has anyone got a cross section diagram of bunny teeth so i can look, will try and look at teegras teeth in a min (why didnt i think of that before :roll: )
anyway fingers crossed fir the vets tonight (5:20 - earliest appointment)

thanks sooo much, they do look like the normal ones so thats ok (didnt realise they had a couple more teeth back there :oops: )

hmmm well there goes my theory out the window, will have to see what the vet says

cheekytikki said:
thanks sooo much, they do look like the normal ones so thats ok (didnt realise they had a couple more teeth back there :oops: )

hmmm well there goes my theory out the window, will have to see what the vet says

You're very welcome.
I didn't realise they has little ones behind either :oops: :oops: :oops:

nor did I was trying to work out the strange bite patterens fudge had left on my hand, that will be the ones behind then :shock: :lol:

eeeek! she has now gone from one extreme to the other i was just giving her tummy rubs and it felt like she had a hard ball in her tum. anyway i finished her tummy rubs and put her on the floor and she proceeded to have diarrhoea of the floor (actually looked exactly like the recovery food just smelt a lot worse) i have noted down the time and will tell the vet when we go (only about an hour to go now)

anyone know what this might indicate? has the recovery food worked too well and flushed her out, or does it sound like a blockage that only liquidy bits can get past??

please help!

Awwwwwww sorry Abi, I havent got a clue, but sending love to you and Duchess, I hope all goes well at the vets :love:

thanks ali i wish time would go just a bit faster! still got half an hour before i can even think about getting them ready to go!

cheekytikki said:
you are a help she needs all the vibes she can get and i need reassurance :D *hurry up you stupid clock!*

It always goes slower when you are waiting, :( :( It will be round before you know it

i saw a more rabbit savvy vet today and she felt her stomach and said it felt ok and then she looked in her mouth and straight away said her back teeth were the problem! (finally got an answer yay! the first vet didnt even look in her mouth) so she is booked in on monday to have them burred off poor little girl must have been hurting. the only thing is she didnt get any painkiller which i didnt think about until we got home (typical)

what is the best thing to offer her?

thanks

Back