• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit pen questions

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
im thinking ahead to spring/summer already!

what size would be considered a nice sized pen for 2 buns? i would reall like a 4ft x 8ft pen but would have to a)check it fitted in the garden and b)try and persuade mum and dad to let me use that much garden.

i have set up a 'dream pen' which would cost £108!!! :shock: :shock: but this would be all metal pen made of the same panels as my upstairs pen (which are very very strong and look like they will last ages) would have a 'drop down' end so i could get in there easily, would be 35" high so i could happily sit in there with them without stooping and they could have things to climb on etc, it would have half a top made of a metal panel and half of a special thick, sun reflecting fabric usually used to protect dogs in cars and it would have a bolt on bowl for their water so it wouldnt get spilled. it would also be easily folded away

it also has the option for about £40 to make it 'dig proof' but still access to grass but would see how bad the bunnies were before doing that

what do you guys think? would it be worth saving up for or would it be better just to get a normal wooden/mesh one?

I dont know :D

It does sound good, with the dig proof thingy and the sun reflecting fabric!

I have a wooden one. Its 8ft x just under 7ft and about 3 and a half ft tall, and it cost £100

where did you get that from?

the thing about doing it with individual panels is that at a later date i could just buy more panels and expand it ho hum decisions decisions!

the thing about doing it with individual panels is that at a later date i could just buy more panels and expand it ho hum decisions decisions

hmmm thats good too!

I got it from the same pet shop that told me just a few months before that I wouldnt get one the size I wanted because rabbits are small animals :roll:

I was actually on my way to buy wood for my boyfriend to make one and we just stopped at the pet shop to buy sawdust, and saw it outside. He was well pleased that he got out of making me one :lol:

If you buy 4 aviary panels and lie them on their sides you can start with a 6ft by 6ft run and add more when you can afford it:) Eventually you could even stand them up and have a proper aviary set up that their hutch could go in so they could access it all the time. You could use netting to cover the top, or the play pen you already have. I have made one by wiring the corners except one that gets tied closed while they are in it.
The price of aviary panels is usually somewhere between £11 and £18 each.

Back