• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rotastak Calendars (turned into a rant!)

Mad Bunster

Mama Doe
Thought I'd have a moan about the Rotastak "Small Animal" advent calendars.

Got one for my buns and I thought I was going to have to save up 3 days treats so they all get one at the same time, but to my surprise theres about 25 yogurt drop treats PER day. Great value I suppose.

But theres no feeding guidelines on the packet and also considering these are marketed at "Small Animals" you can imagine someone giving a little hamster 25 drops a day?? I just hope enough people have enough common sense not to feed them all at once.

I think they need an email.....

And while I'm ranting - was in Debenhams last night and saw the "fish tank" modelled like an office. It was funny, till I realised that they were actually suggesting you can put Goldfish in there. Seriously it was about 8" x 6".

Another email to be written!! Gosh - I'm full of the Festive Spirit. :oops: :lol:

Hiya,

I've got those calendars too - i couldnt believe it when i opened one! lucky i have 4 buns to feed. I've been leaving the yoghurt drops in though.

Dont you find the 'doors' a bu66er to open as well!?

Ive got a similaer advent calendar from P@H, for the cat 1 it says 'dint feed more than 3 drops per day' and theres about 10 behind each window :shock:

It says somewhere on it no more than 5 drops a day - Dont know where though :roll:
And oh man are the doors a pain to open - you arent joking!! - The rabbits can get in them though - its just they take the rest of the doors with them to lol! :lol:

Oh mine doesn't have any advice on feeding on it. Wonder if I got a duff one - cos the doors open fine too - much better than my Milkybar calendar!!

Mad Bunster said:
And while I'm ranting - was in Debenhams last night and saw the "fish tank" modelled like an office. It was funny, till I realised that they were actually suggesting you can put Goldfish in there. Seriously it was about 8" x 6".

Another email to be written!! Gosh - I'm full of the Festive Spirit. :oops: :lol:

i thought a law was being brought in that prevented tanks under 30L from being used for fish?

i bought thos calanders and the bunnies wont touch the yogurt drops!!! they prefer the parsley bells :wink:

Yoghurt drops aren't very good for bunnies anyway, they'll enjoy a piece of parsley or carrot much better plus it'll have health benefits :)

thats a bit bad really :?

And do they even come in little packets? If its just in foil like hooman calenders, what are you supposed to do with the leftover drops, even if they did give you a feeding guide?

Erm . . . why would you buy your rabbit an advent calendar? :lol:
When I was at the animal feed shop I saw HORSE advent calendars :shock:
So I guess lots of animal owners are nuts :lol:

Back