• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Samson - might not be well but unsure

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Ok guys, i could just be being a very paranoid owner or there could be something wrong with samson.

I havn't seen him eat for a few days, but thats nor unusual, he wont eat when im around, and he is letting me pick him up without fuss, again another thing samson doesn't let me do. Delilha is her normal bright and bouncy self but samson seems, well the only way i can describe it depressed??

I've not taken him to the vets yet as Hazel is on holiday this week and the other vets arn't that rabbit savvy, they can do stuff like teeth or till's steroid injections ect, but there not great when it comes to puzzles, so i was waiting for Hazel to return, obv if i think it's urgent then he will go but as i say there doesn't seem to be alot wrong with him other than he's just not normal.

They seem to be drinking the same but im not entirly sure he's eating, or eating proper amounts, he doesn't seem to have lost weight, well not enough for me to notice.

Anyone got any ideas???

Hello again!

Is there any way you can separate Samson for meal times then you'll at least know for certain if there is a problem with his eating? Think this would be a good place to start then you know what you are dealing with.

Fingers crossed love!

Thanks Kerry, i can't really do that no, Delilha is blind and goes no where without samson and Samson wont go anywhere or do anything without Delilha, i would have to seperate them for quite a while in order to really figure his eating, and he may just not eat because Delilhas not there

awwww they are inseparable! i am sure he is fine hun he may just be having a quiet few days and be back to normal again soon - vibes to samson anyway :love:

Hi Phill

Can you have a good feel of his guts. If you can feel currant poos that will tell you he has eaten within the last 12 hours or so (as long as he is still pooing normally)
If you cant feel poo or he is not pooing then maybe even a non Rabbit savvy Vet needs to take a looksee at him :?

Hope he soon feels better

Janex

Thanks Jane, i never even thought of feeling for poos!!! I felt his tum and it was normal, not hard or bloaty or anything!! Will check that when i get in tonight.

Aww, bless the loved up bunsters!!

OK - novice here :oops: How can you tell what are poos in their stomachs? It all feels squishy to me :oops:

Any ideas if he is weeing ok - I know its hard to tell with two buns, but thought i'd ask? Might be worth a trip to the vets to put your mind at ease for the weekend? They'll at least be able to see if he has a temperature or anything?

Hope he is feeling better soon

Jack's-Jane said:
Phill said:
Ok he has poops but is still not normal??? :? :?

Hmmm, well it might be worth popping him along to the Vet, even if its not Hazel :?
Could he have dental pain :?

Janex

It could be a bit of pain Jane he had to have a front tooth removed again 2 weeks ago, hazel has had to remove the same tooth 3 times now as she can't get the root out completly, she got all the others out but not that one. I wonder if it's something to do with that.

I will see how he is tonight and if he's no better will pop him to the vets in the morning!!

Kerry, i have no idea if he is weeing, samson and delilha both go in the same place so thats a difficult one to figure out, i could pop him in a carrier for a hour or so though he should have wee'd in that time

Phill said:
Jack's-Jane said:
Phill said:
Ok he has poops but is still not normal??? :? :?

Hmmm, well it might be worth popping him along to the Vet, even if its not Hazel :?
Could he have dental pain :?

Janex

It could be a bit of pain Jane he had to have a front tooth removed again 2 weeks ago, hazel has had to remove the same tooth 3 times now as she can't get the root out completly, she got all the others out but not that one. I wonder if it's something to do with that.

I will see how he is tonight and if he's no better will pop him to the vets in the morning!!

Kerry, i have no idea if he is weeing, samson and delilha both go in the same place so thats a difficult one to figure out, i could pop him in a carrier for a hour or so though he should have wee'd in that time

Ah, then MAYBE he has an infection in the tooth root that has remained?
I would get him to the Vets as IF it is a tooth root infection the sooner he gets started on abx and pain relief the better.
Sending vibes for Samson

Janex

Thanks Jane!!! Of course i never even thought of infection!! I did check his mouth but nothing obvious jumped out at me! Right the vets in the morning it is then! Ooh nice early start for me they open at 8.30am!!

Phill said:
Thanks Jane!!! Of course i never even thought of infection!! I did check his mouth but nothing obvious jumped out at me! Right the vets in the morning it is then! Ooh nice early start for me they open at 8.30am!!

So much for a Saturday morning lie in!!
Good luck at the Vets

Janex

Thanks Jane Err yeh thanks Carys!!!! I may take him down tonight if i get home in time surgery opens at 6pm so may do that instead

Back