• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P@H Why

kayjay

Warren Veteran
I've been asked on a piggy forum why P@H are bothering to neuter/spay French Lops/Giants and I don't know. Does anyone know the official reason behind it?

Sexing Rabbits is not their forte........

Also, the sale of Giants for high prices by 'novice breeders' is becoming very popular. Some are advertised as £80 a Bun :shock:
Giving P@H the benefit of the doubt (OMG, cant believe I just said that......) they may be acting responsibly to ensure none of the Giants they sell will be used for breeding.... :?

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:

Also, the sale of Giants for high prices by 'novice breeders' is becoming very popular. Some are advertised as £80 a Bun :shock:
Giving P@H the benefit of the doubt (OMG, cant believe I just said that......) they may be acting responsibly to ensure none of the Giants they sell will be used for breeding.... :?

Janex

That's what I assumed but why are they turning a blind eye to the mis-sexing and selling of hundreds of other rabbits but acting responsibly over giant ones?

kayjay said:
Jack's-Jane said:

Janex

That's what I assumed but why are they turning a blind eye to the mis-sexing and selling of hundreds of other rabbits but acting responsibly over giant ones?

Dunno :? :?: :?

Janex

Probably because they can justify passing the costs of neutering a giant on to Joe public (i.e £80 a bun), but most people (not us on rr) wouldn't pay such a high price for a 'normal' bun, so they would loose money if they neutered all 'normal' buns :?

Well, I guess that they get in their Giant Buns a bit older, and so CAN neuter them. They have so few giants around (one per store? If that?) that they'd able to do this.

But then they have so many 'normal' bunnies, the breeder couldn't possibly keep hold of them all until they were old enough to neuter I guess...
Besides which, I suppose having a run of sexually mature (albeit snipped :lol: ) bunnies in the store wouldn't work...whereas youngsters mix no problem, and a giant bunny on it's own can't cause any problems :lol:

Back