• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on latest rescue bun...

Veronica

Mama Doe
Well following on from another thread, regarding the nethie recently rescued by Sara's Rescue.....

He visited the vets yesterday, where his physical condition was further assessed. He was found to have numerous pressure wounds all over his body....which the vet suggested could have been caused by teeth piercing his skin (like that of a dog...surprise surprise :roll: :cry: ).

It was also found he had an absess beginning just under his chin, which would have caused him much discomfort. He had this removed yesterday.

He is also blind in his left eye, and partially sighted in his right (he responses to movement in this eye only...and that is only when it's very close to him). He has an excellent sense of smell...and this is the sense he relies on to get by :)
He's also underweight.

He is a poorly little bunny, but Sara and the team are confident with some tlc they can bring him round. We're all praying for this little chap...I saw him this morning, and he's sooo tiny :(

For the first night, he refused to eat, and didn't produce any droppings/wee. However when the food was brought to his mouth by hand, he took it from your hand and started to eat it :D He doesn't like pellets....and will only eat rabbit mix at the moment. We're glad he's finally eating at last though!

I hope to get you some pics, but while he's so poorly, I don't feel right taking pics of him. When he starts to get better and improve, I will of course get you some pics :D He's so tiny, and the most beautiful little nethie boy you could imagine :love: Breaks my heart to think what he's been through :(

Please send him all your vibes for a quick recovery back to full health.

Veronica x

:cry: :cry: :cry:
This poor bunny has really touched me. I'm so pleased he's getting lots of TLC and I'm sure he'll respond to it very quickly
My o/h says no more bunnies :( but I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding his forever home when the time is right.
Sending our love to him.

Get well soon Bunny...
Thank god there's kind people like you out there that take care of these abused animals...
Well done :thumb:

Poor little thing. I am sure he will improve now he has some love. I remember when my kitten was ill and not eating, I bought a syringe from the chemists and dropped kitten milk into his mouth. After a day or two he soon improved. Sending lots of love. Karen

karen354 said:
Get well soon Bunny...
Thank god there's kind people like you out there that take care of these abused animals...
Well done :thumb:

Aww thank you...but all I do is pop over once a week to do hutch clean outs, and give cuddles and nose rubs to the furries :D

It's Sara and the rest of the team that do the amazing work :D

bless him, evil b****rds! Im so glad he's in good hands now, and have all my fingers and toes crossed for the poor wee mite.

Now, where to find a 50ft dog to see how these a**holes like being used as a plaything.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back