• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

what age/when to vaccinate?

Bonniebunny

Warren Scout
Hi I have just homed a 10 week old frenchie. What age should she be when she is vaccinated? If I have myxi done soon, should I get it done again in the spring as well? Also what age is it best to neuter a frenchie? I am used to rescuing older buns that have already been done!!

Thanks
xx

i had my 9 week old bunny vaccinated last week but he had a bad reaction to it - worse than any of the others had so i would leave it until 12 weeks

if you are in a high risk area then mxyi should be done every 6 months

my vet tells me that she will not neuter does until they are 6 months old - this includes the larger breeds - of course other vets might do it a month or so earlier

Back