• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

success with pets at home

elaine

Mama Doe
Normally I go in my local one and come out fuming which I did the other week to the extent that I complained to the hq about the fact that the rabbits were hopping into each others enclosure and the staff were unconcerned, well to cut a long story I am eventually going to be meeting with 2 bosses at the store.

I went in this week and the manager was at the till and I noticed that they had altered the rabbit enclosure and mentioned it to her and she said oh I know (you complained to hq ) I explained why and she agreed that I wsa right in what I said. Anyway she now wants to work with me and has put a poster up for my rescue is going to give me any split bags of food and anything else that I can use.

This has taken a long time but I feel as though I have now achieved something.

Elaine

Nice to hear that a store is at last listening to what people are saying.

Unfortunatey there are many livestock selling pet stores spread around the country who could do a lot to improve the welfare of the animals they sell. For now I like many others remain only to spend my money in non pet selling stores only.

Well done. I had a terrible encounter with a new chain of pet shops that are opening up all over the place in Scotland, Acorn Pets. I will post this on a different thread at some point. Pets at Home don't seem to listen so its good that your message has got through to this stage.

All the best

Fiona

That is good news - I'm glad they're taking notice bit by bit.

I would also like to add that I don't buy any of my stuff for the buns, chins or fish from any pet shop/ garden centre that sells livestock as well... would be great if someone who has their ear could explain to them that there's a growing army of people who think this way

Back