• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

grrr...silly pets at home!

rachael1969

Warren Scout
Just thought i'd share this with you.....its quite amusing how daft some of the staff are at my local p@h!

The vet advised that we should start cutting our bunnies nails at home or else it could become a costly trip! so off i went to p@h to buy some nail clippers. I had to ask where they were as couldnt see them :oops: and when i told the assistant what they were for she said "ooooh you shouldnt clip rabbits nails, cause it you cut too much off they could bleed to death" Well, after i'd picked myself up off the floor from laughing i proceeded to tell her (as the vet had said that morning) that bunnies wont actually bleed to death if you catch the nerve, there will be some blood but it should stop within 5 mins.

The assistant looked at me blankly, said "oh, so you work at a rescue place as well then" then off she went to potter behind the counter - looking V embarassed, with me shouting "whats wrong with rescue places!?"

I love it when you can put shop assistants right - especially those from p@h

hahaha bleed to death eh??? maybe if the rabbit was a heamophiliac!!!!

if you cut of her finger she wouldn't bleed to death would she?? silly mare. you should cut off one of her nails to show her! (the woman not bunnies)

I was told (not by p@h!!) to have a bar of soap handy when cutting nails, so that if you accidentally catch the quick, you can push the nail into the soap to stem the bleeding. :wink:

I accidentally cut too much off Dougal's nail once, other than him not being very impressed, it really wasn't much to get worried about!

lol bleed to death! yes of course! if that was true my black nailed guinea would have died twice over! oh dear. what would she do then if they got long?????? leave them?

I know!! she was so appalled at the fact i knew what i was talking about, and i thought the part about me working at a rescue was great - she knows us bunny people know what were talking about!!

Back