• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

show pictures at last

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
Flopsy with her rosette before it was stolen along with her water bottle :x

holly didn't win a prize

luna and pepper won 2nd

bert and ernie (r,i,p) won 3rd

Bandit slept through the whole show and didn't win a prize

The winning rabbit

I fear for it's life as it was left without food or water all through the show and so was the guineapig above it, we filled the gp's dish up and then it knocked it over so water tipped into the winning rabbit's cage and it drank it like crazy, we put a water bottle on for it and it finished the whole bottle!!!!! i was tempted to leave it for the bunny but 'cos flopsy's had been stollen, i didn't have enough bottles. If the owner had been there my mum said she would of asked if she could have the rabbit (to save it)

Also chance wanted to travel to the show in style

when i was at the royal lancs show with some dairy cows, we we're in the cattle tent with all sorts of other breeds including a HUGE simmental bull. he had no water and when a woman started shouting at me about him being too hot and stressed (even though he was nothing to do with me) i went over to give him a bucket of water, mainly to get her to stop makin a show. he drank it like there was no tomorrow, but then the farmer came over and he went crazy!! some people dont like giving their show animals lots of water supposedly becuase it gives them "scour". very odd because i wouldnt use the word scour, bit extreme. it makes their poo's a bit more wet and so all their cleaning goes to waste. i dont know whether i think it affects welfare or not, but it isnt what i would do. maybe its the same with show rabbits? you're lucky they didnt see you, you might have got the tellin off that i got! :oops: :D

As I understood it it's now a rule that rabbits have access to water during shows. I've not been to a rabbit show but I did go along to a guineapig show to see what it was like and I expressed concern that many (the majority in fact) had no water bottle and was told it's not yet a regulation in the guineapig shows but it is in rabbit shows.

Back