• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

waterbottles and malocclusion

touie

Wise Old Thumper
can waterbottles cause problems for bunnies with malocclusion. Sugarplum has been pulling the spout and banging it against the wire I'm not sure if its causing problems of if she's trying to attract attention cause she wants to come out and play. I was wondering how come they'd been getting through so much water as well :shock: :?

Squidgy's got no incisors and he has no toruble with his water bottle - he loves to use it just as we've gone to bed - we can hear it downstairs! Does she have a bowl as well? She may prefer that.

I always used a bowl for Esmerelda and Bob who both had maloclussion....It might be best to give her both so she has the option...I would think a bottle might cause discomfort, particualrily in the days just before she's due to have her teeth trimmed, when they may be quite long.

my gps have destroyed two water bottles becuase they are violent drinkers!!! have tried a bowl but the three boars tip it everywhere :roll:

I think she'd be ok with a bowl but Splodge would probably sit in it and tip it all over the hutch :roll: Maybe i could try to put one in the run somewhere and change it daily so that it doesn't get too yucky!

Back