• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

being eaten out of house and home

I went to P@H this afternoon, to get get another 10KG bag of supa rabbit excel, I only bought a 10KG bag 4 weeks ago, and this is in addition to unlimited hay

my two new boys Cody and Theo are so greedy, they eat far more than the girls, but never put on any weight

But they are so friendly, bless em, thy are munching on apples right now :wink:

Who else has greedy buns ?

My 5 are all really greedy!

As soon as they hear the pellets rattle they are bouncing up and down wanting their dinner!! :lol:

I have VERY greedy buns!! None of them ever leave food in the hutch and I go through a big bag of hay in NO time! Gets very very expensive :shock: :shock:

My two are greedy.. Bertie needs to lose weight so is now on a diet he's very unhappy with that :( .. Molly our rescue bunny we had 2 weeks ago needs filling up a bit so at the moment she's having a bit of what she likes..

Tamsin said:
:shock: Are they big bunnies? Mine two eat a 1.5kg bag in around 2 weeks.

they are about average size

I think what it was, is that they are unneutered boys, and they got a sniff of my existing does (neutered), so they were pacing their hutch and run continously, also they lived outside during the cold spell

I'll have to get them "done" soon, then maybe they will calm down

you could always swop to Allen and Page if you can find a supplier?

Its about £5- £6 for a 20kg bag! Its a complete bargain, and many think its a better food than excel.

Oh my goodness I've got one of the most greedy buns you'll ever meet :shock: :roll:
Blaise will eat and eat all day long, as long as you keep feeding him :wink: Unlike yours though, he's getting a little chubby :roll: :?

Leah xx

Mine get through a 10kg bag of SS in about 2 weeks. The hungry horse had run out so I got a bag of Allen and Page and so far they are unimpressed - Max to the extent he throws his food bowl around and refuses point blank to eat it. I haven't told him but he probably could do with losing a little weight so maybe not such a bad thing! :lol:

mine get through a large sack of SS every 8 weeks now - as they are all restricted to pellets - before that they were eating me out of house & home too!

It's best for their tummies (and weight) if they only have about an eggcup full per day. 90% of their diet should be hay - plus if they have to get most of their calories from hay they spend most of their time eating, so you know they won't get bored!

Back