• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frenchy at Pets at Home

GemmaH

Mama Doe
Hiya

Just read on another forum that someone had seen a French Lop at their local P@H. Apparently it said that he wasn't for sale but if interested to contact a member of staff, the price tag was around £150 :shock: !!

Gemma x

:shock: Do they honestly think that someone is going to pay £150 for one? Hopefully it'll put people off or ensure the person thinks carefully before buying one.

There was one in my local Pets at Home too along with a nethie cross with head tilt!!!!, :cry: :cry: :cry: I complained and asked the manager to get it emergency veterinary treatment, I am not holding my breath!!!, I asked if I could take it to the vets and they said they would, and by the way the Frenchie was £25 :shock:

Perhaps there was a mistake then, as I said I didn't see it myself I just read about it. Think I preferred the £150 though for the reasons already mentioned.

Maybe not a mistake on your part, it's just that the Frenchie I saw in my P@H was in a pen and I asked what breed it was and was told it was a dwarf lop!! :shock: :shock: and it was so big because it was full grown is what the assistant manager told me!!, it was defo a french lop!!

Not surprising they got it wrong they couldn't even tell that the nethie had head tilt!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

It is really worrying

Maybe the more expensive one is neutered/spayed? There's been a thread on here about them stocking a neutered German Lop for a lot of money. If it's spayed and vaccinated then you can maybe see someone paying in the region of £100 but £150 seems ridiculous

It really is worrying having such clueless people selling animals :( . That story's awful, some unsuspecting customer could end up with a 'big' surprise there!

kayjay said:
Maybe the more expensive one is neutered/spayed? There's been a thread on here about them stocking a neutered German Lop for a lot of money. If it's spayed and vaccinated then you can maybe see someone paying in the region of £100 but £150 seems ridiculous

Just had another look, apparently a sign at another store mentioned that only neutered rabbits would be supplied. Which also begs the question where are these rabbits kept prior to neutering?

snowy said:
by the way the Frenchie was £25 :shock:

It's really *really* unlikely that was a frenchie - it sounds like it was a full grown dwarf lop like they said :) Despite their faults, I don't think they'd be selling a £150 rabbit for £25 :lol:

GemmaH said:
Which also begs the question where are these rabbits kept prior to neutering?

With the breeder I would assume?

cute_fuzzies said:
snowy said:
by the way the Frenchie was £25 :shock:

It's really *really* unlikely that was a frenchie - it sounds like it was a full grown dwarf lop like they said :) Despite their faults, I don't think they'd be selling a £150 rabbit for £25 :lol:

GemmaH said:
Which also begs the question where are these rabbits kept prior to neutering?

With the breeder I would assume?

Maybe that's why they're so expensive, for a breeder to keep and care for them way past when they could sell them they'd presumably want to be compensated for that in some way. At least they're neutering them. Although it did occur to me that it'll increase peoples interest in Giants and Frenchies and if they can't afford the £150 (and quite frankly who can) they'll find a local breeder and buy one there much cheaper (.... and some coming to a rescue near you very soon :roll: )

Wasn't there the scheme to get rescue rabbits in P@H to "advertise" them - perhaps if you enquired it would have turned out the 150 was a donation to the rescue for a neutered, vaccinated rabbit? Just a thought - probably unlikely!

Caz

Back