• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PWS Pens

beckiboo186

Warren Veteran
Helloo .. The PWS Pens - If you bought two, would they make a v.good sized run? Does anyone have any photos of one with a bun in too please? Thanks You :) X

Can you tell me if a bun can jump over these I have something similar and its 80cm high and has a net over it ?

ShivyRex said:
bunnyhuggger said:
This is Sixpence in her run, she's a medium sized bun, it's a PWS twin pack and we find them an ideal size ...

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?...&skin_id=0&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Awwwww that's soooo cute!! Hehehehe

How much does a PWS twin pack run cost? I would love my bunnies to have some more running time on the grass.

Thanks

Shiv

I think it's around £95 but well worth the money and easy to fold away when not in use.

Steph said:
Can you tell me if a bun can jump over these I have something similar and its 80cm high and has a net over it ?

I would imagine so. Fia managed to jump out of her attached run with is 2.5ft high when I had the lid open when I cleaning thm out. I would never leave a bunny unattended in a PWS run and I think a lot of others would say the same thing. Not sure how you could cover it over with something more stury than a net? Maybe corregated plastic??

Shiv

Steph said:

Some of our buns can jump over the top and we have to peg a strawberry net over the top for those escape artists :roll:

bunnyhuggger said:
ShivyRex said:
bunnyhuggger said:
This is Sixpence in her run, she's a medium sized bun, it's a PWS twin pack and we find them an ideal size ...

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?...&skin_id=0&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Awwwww that's soooo cute!! Hehehehe

How much does a PWS twin pack run cost? I would love my bunnies to have some more running time on the grass.

Thanks

Shiv

I think it's around £95 but well worth the money and easy to fold away when not in use.

Awwww thanks very much. I think they may have to be a purchase for the new year :D Right in time for the spring when I can sit out in the garden in the run with a book hehe.

Forgot to add that some of the buns can lift the panels off the ground to escape under that way, but we now use tent pegs to pin the panels down in situ, tent pegs are only 10p each from any outdoor shop.

I think they are almost the same as I have. I just bought extra panels. Great runs,l plenty of room and thanks for answering my question. My net is on mine :D

Mine have managed to lift them up too. Also my mini lop can squeeze through the bars :shock: Useful panels though, if you're careful :D

Becki, this is my 12 panel PWS run (I bought the original 8 panels then added an extra 4 panels, so yours would be a bit bigger than this. :D )
78e7cfae.jpg

If you bought two lots it would made a very big run, but you've got to be careful as the sides aren't that high if Tills is a climber! :lol:

bunny_burrows said:
Becki, this is my 12 panel PWS run (I bought the original 8 panels then added an extra 4 panels, so yours would be a bit bigger than this. :D )
78e7cfae.jpg

If you bought two lots it would made a very big run, but you've got to be careful as the sides aren't that high if Tills is a climber! :lol:

Now thats a big run, are your buns are standard rex's?

Remember though, that if you have buns that can jump then you will have to turn the panels the other way up so that it is higher and then it will be a bit smaller in area.

I use puppy pens instead, bars aren't so widely spaced. The ones I got are in groups of 6 and can't be made smaller though, but you can join more than one together for a bigger pen. No lid, but I always sit inside with my buns and none of mine were jumpers either.
P1010137.jpg

(sleeping bags were over the sides to block the wind out!)

I bought some packs of these off the link at the top corner of this site and I have mixed opinions of them. They are supposed to be connected by these twisty wire curly things but they work their way down and the buns can push the top edges apart and escape, like others have said buns can lift them and escape and believe it or not Daisy-May (the biggest bun I have) tried to squeeze through and got hereself stuck!! Howard had to cut her out!! Personally I would go for old fashioned pens with the smaller holes and weighty wood for peace of mind!! :?

bunny_burrows said:
you've got to be careful as the sides aren't that high if Tills is a climber! :lol:

Jess, I think you can guess the answer to that!! Actually, she doesnt climb, but she looves jumping ... ask Carys :oops: :lol: :lol: Your run looks ACE chick :D

What I'd like is to build a big run thats attached to the hutch for use all the time, then have the pen as like an extension for when I'm out there with her? :? Think somebun had better get saving up!! :oops: :lol: X

Back