• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny tiff!

Aliandbuns

Mama Doe
I caused I right tiff between my two earlier this evening.

I picked up Piper for a cuddle then put him down, then picked up Molly for a cuddle. When I put Molly down she decided to try and hump Piper :roll:

Piper is not the kind of bunny who likes to be humped so then there was lots of chasing, fur tugging and a little bit of boxing - at which point I shouted at them to stop and they did, both looking up at me forlornly. I quickly gave them their dinner and they were best buddies again after that.

I am presuming this happened because they were separated for a short time??? I was in their run whilst holding Molly so she could still see Piper, so it's either that or maybe she got a bit confused about where she was and couldn't smell Piper any more or maybe she realised she was not top bunny as far as I am concerned and so decided she needed to show her dominance over Piper.
:?
I pick each of them up every day and normally when I put them down they go off and groom each other (obviously not keen on my handiwork :lol: )

Actually, thinking about it, I do usually (but not always) pick Molly up first and then Piper, but tonight it was the other way around - could this have been the cause and, if so, why?

Any bunny behaviour experts who can enlighten me please on why tonight I caused them to fall out with one another :?

if they are anything like dogs then effectively you greeted the 'lower' bunny first meaning that the 'top' bunny needed to reassert her dominance. if you normally pick molly up first and there is no problems it sounds like a likely explanation (although i am basing this on dogs not bunnies) sorry that i couldnt be much help :oops:

It's kinda hard to say for sure, it could have just been he felt like it :lol:

Bunnies do have a heirachy like dogs. The lower ranks groom the upper ones so if you groomed the lower ranking one then I guess that could have upset it. Or maybe you smell of something funny and it rubbed off?

Tam

Back