• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snorting foster bun

chloaster

Warren Veteran
Jenny my foster bun was a real snorter when she arrived, but having given birth and spent time with us she gradually stopped. For some reason she has now started snorting again and is not only doing it at me but her hubby and kids too. Is it simply a case of hormones do you think? The sanctuary I am fostering her for don't neuter - although I did neuter her hubby Jerry so they could stay together - if it is I might see if I can convince them cos it would be a shame not to be able to rehome them because she is defensive.

my frida snorts all the time too - and she isnt neutered - she is the friendliest rabbit you will ever meet until you put a hand in her pen then she lunges, snorts and attacks!!!

Is a snort the same as a grunt? When I pick Maisie up and put her down, she grunts and runs off.

Not sure - it's definately a nose noise but it almost has a "tone" behind it as well as though she's also making a sound from her throat.

Back