• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If I Had a Baby Rex Looking Like This....

Aliandbuns said:
He has the posture of a rabbit who is used to being kept in cramped conditions. :(

Exactly what I was thinking - his back looks very weak. Sorry Jane bit of thread hi-jacking but is it normal for rexes to get dewlaps? My four boys are getting them - they are not overweight in their bodies.

chloaster said:
Aliandbuns said:
He has the posture of a rabbit who is used to being kept in cramped conditions. :(

Exactly what I was thinking - his back looks very weak. Sorry Jane bit of thread hi-jacking but is it normal for rexes to get dewlaps? My four boys are getting them - they are not overweight in their bodies.

How big a dewlap are you talking Mandy? - If it helps, this is Piper who has a bit of a double chin at certain camera angles...
bunnies002.jpg

but not on others...
20Aug2006019.jpg

I wouldn't call this a dewlap though - thought that was more of a girlie bun thing. :?

Hey Ali, They were Mandy's buns but they're mine now - all mine!! :lol: :lol: I thought the dewlap thing was a girlie trait too but the four boys do seem to be developing them. They are a bit like Piper's but maybe a little bigger - will try and get some photos but being black buns the detail never seems to come out so well. :roll:

chloaster said:
Aliandbuns said:

Jack had a funny little walnut sized dewlap

rabbits183.jpg

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
chloaster said:
Aliandbuns said:

rabbits183.jpg

Janex

Theirs are, I think, somewhere between Piper's and Jack's. Is it a rex trait or just more obvious on them than the fluffmeisters?

chloaster said:
Jack's-Jane said:
chloaster said:
Aliandbuns said:

rabbits183.jpg

Janex

Theirs are, I think, somewhere between Piper's and Jack's. Is it a rex trait or just more obvious on them than the fluffmeisters?

Not sure, but Inspector Morse (a Velveteen which is a Rex X English/dwarff Lop) had a big dewlap but it has reduced now his plums have been defused.... :?

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
chloaster said:
Jack's-Jane said:
chloaster said:
Aliandbuns said:

rabbits183.jpg

Janex

Not sure, but Inspector Morse (a Velveteen which is a Rex X English/dwarff Lop) had a big dewlap but it has reduced now his plums have been defused.... :?

Janex

:lol: :lol: "Defused!!" :lol: :lol: My boys have been "Defused" so I shall endevour to get a few photos and see what you think. Looks like it's not something to worry about though! :)

chloaster said:
Hey Ali, They were Mandy's buns but they're mine now - all mine!! :lol: :lol: I thought the dewlap thing was a girlie trait too but the four boys do seem to be developing them. They are a bit like Piper's but maybe a little bigger - will try and get some photos but being black buns the detail never seems to come out so well. :roll:

Sorry :oops: - when I see the pic of the 4 boys together I still think of Mandy! :lol:

Piper says he is not fat, he just has excess skin! :wink: :lol:

Looks normal to me - Zion has a similar sized dewlap although he has been getting a bit podgey lately....

Jane - you're right that por bunny doesn't look very healthy to me :(

It's got a nice shiny coat and clean looking eyes, it just looks to me like it's nervous about being up so high and the photo has just been taken before it had a chance to relax.
What're you doing looking up baby rexes on free ads anyway Jane ;) :lol:

Back