• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It isn't easy ...............

kayjay

Warren Veteran
........... cleaning out a bunny shed in semi-darkness by torchlight being "helped" by two bunnies :lol: :lol:

MJ and Pippa 'help' by chewing the binsack, leaping into the pile of rubbish and helpfully scattering it around and sitting on my legs nibbling my jeans :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: My two do that.Smokey jumped into the bin liner last week and i didn,t notice until i saw it moving :shock: :shock:

Is isn't easy

I have to check that my little piggy treasures haven't climbed INTO the sack and rooted down to the bottom (I live in terror of inadvertently throwing someone out!!) Watkins simply has to do an in-depth analysis of the sack contents each time - you can hear him muttering and squealing to himself as the sack moves about :lol:

:lol: :lol: I have to do a head count before I tie the rubbish sack up as Sweep likes to hide in it!!

As for the darkness problem.. I solved that by getting a camping lantern :thumb: it's like daylight when I go out to them in the evenings now!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Both of mine attack the brush when I'm sweeping the mess into the dustpan! :lol: :lol: especially Weedie who "woofs" at it! it's hilarious to hear him woof and see him fly at it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: does slow me down an awful lot though :roll: :lol:

Sue&Sooty said:
:lol: :lol: I have to do a head count before I tie the rubbish sack up as Sweep likes to hide in it!!

As for the darkness problem.. I solved that by getting a camping lantern :thumb: it's like daylight when I go out to them in the evenings now!!

That's a good idea, I'll get one or two to hang up in the shed. We had a quote for putting electrics in but it was :shock:

kayjay said:
Sue&Sooty said:

That's a good idea, I'll get one or two to hang up in the shed. We had a quote for putting electrics in but it was :shock:
I looked into getting a sensor light put outside in the garden but that too was a bit :shock: on price and decided a camping lantern at £9.99 was a much cheaper option plus I can use it when I camping too

I have a outside light opposite my shed which lights it nicely.

I know what you mean about the helpers though. Austin is having a good week this week in terms of his arthritis etc and has been very active. I don't want to moan BUT when I was cleaning out this morning he ran off with my dustpan, then the brush and then, bless him, managed to drag the actual garden broom half way down the garden :shock:

Should have taken me 20 minutes to do the clear out, ended up taking more like an hour because he also kept licking my feet and demanding nose rubs! Then, when I thought I was done, he ran in front of me whilst I was carrying the veg bowls back in and as my foot made contact with him and I realised I was effectively going to kick him, I pulled myself back in a hurry as not to hurt him and ended up falling over..... :shock:

I do love him really :lol: and I sympathise greatly with you Kathryn!

I got a sensor light from argos, and it wasnt that dear at all - was less than £20, and it's a life saver!

Oh and my 2 both attack the brush as well, dont like me cleaning them out at all! And whern Im putting hay in Honey will sit right in the middle and start munching straight away so I have to put it all round him, he looks like a chicken sitting in a nest :lol:

I'd love a nice floodlight but sadly I don't have any electrics in the garden and have been asking my dad and my brother for ages if they could help me with it but to no avail.. hence the camping lantern!!

I got my boyf to drill a little hole in the kitchen window frame and feed the cable through it, then it's plugged in in the kitchen :D

Back