• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm getting a foster! U/D He's here!

naturestee

Alpha Buck
I'm really excited and I just had to share. I'm going to be fostering a beautiful New Zealand boy with a really sad story. He was at a shelter but he was very scared, ignored due to size and such, and getting "shelter burnout" so they were going to euthanize him. Luckily the rabbit volunteer (the only one who seems to know anything about rabbits over there) posted on RO and I helped her find a new rescue called Soulmates in Waukesha, WI that might be able to help as the Wisconsin HRS has been famous for not being able to find foster space. They don't have space either, but I offered to foster him through Soulmates until they get some space. I've worked with scared/abused buns before (aka Fey and Sprite) and I think I can help him.

Of course, this is all a ploy to get another bun. He's already neutered, and when he settles in I'm going to introduce him to Fey and Sprite. If they get on well he's staying! This is literally the only way I can get another bun because I do not have the time or space to permanently house a single and it's not something I could risk.

Anyway, here he is! He's called Abercrombie at the shelter, but the volunteer thinks it's a bad name for him and really wants it changed. So I'll be calling him Oberon. If I'm lucky he can lord over my fairy buns!

2ylp5kz.jpg

42xp277.jpg

3yfgjzq.jpg

I'm getting him next Saturday. I can't wait!

Naturestee, I'm so glad you could take him, I've been following it over on RO and he really deserves a loving home, which I'm sure he'll get with you. I have to say though, he looks like a giant Pebble! :D

Thanks, guys! I'm so excited to get him. The volunteer is going to take him home with her on Wed. just to get him out of the shelter faster. They claim he's territorial, but he's been nothing but a sweety with her. We'll see what happens when he gets here.

And I looked in my basement and realized that I can give him a bigger pen than I thought! Merry Christmas, Oberon! :D

What a fabulous looking bunny and glad he is now not going to be euthanized. I love his old and new name. Look forward to hearing how he settles in. Whats the weather like with you?

He's here!

Oberon came home yesterday! I almost didn't get him. The shelter started pulling some funny stuff due to internal politics and nearly sent him to a children's classroom out of spite! :shock: Thankfully we worked everything out and Maureen, the volunteer who started all this, pulled him out of the shelter and brought him home with her so he would be safe.

He's a very sweet boy. He's unsure about all this fuss, space, toys, etc., but he's adjusting pretty well. Last night he was already letting me pet him and then was asking for more nose rubs when I stopped!

Here's some piccies:

100_2515a.jpg

Making himself pretty for the camera.
100_2512a.jpg

Exploring my basement (You mean I'm actually allowed out? He seemed to doubt me for a while).
100_2516a.jpg

Cute butt
100_2525a.jpg

Something's missing.
100_2521a.jpg

Ah, there it is!
100_2522a.jpg

I'm trying to eat here. Do you mind?
100_2523a.jpg

:) Very pleased for you... he looks very lordly (if there's such a word :lol: ) We want progress reports as his personality is allowed to develop :D

He is lovely... I love a lovely story like this when a rabbit hasn't had a good start & them someone like you comes along & gives him a happy life.
I got my little bunny from a rescue & the difference in her is amazing, when I got her she was scared & boney,now she's got a lot of confidence(sometimes still gets nervous) her coat is a lot thicker & glossy & she's not boney anymore..

Thanks guys! Luvabun, I'm curious to see what kind of personality he'll have once he gets used to this whole "home thing." I think he'll be a lover, but who knows? He might also end up being a goofy binky-butt like my boy Loki.

Back