• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

First night and worried mummy!

capel

Warren Veteran
I've just nipped out to check all hutches etc are secure.. :oops: just an excuse to check up on Furby really.. Anyway she is still sitting in her litter tray in the open part of the hutch. (facing outwards, so that's progress I suppose :? ). I'm worried that she'll be cold..will she have the sense or instinct to find her way to the enclosed sleeping area where I put the heating pad an hour or so ago?????? I don't want to go out and "shoo" her in incase that just adds to whatever anxiety she may(or may not) be feeling.

I am sure she will be ok.
I went out to see to my two the other morning and they were both sat in their run it was windy and raining :shock:
I am sure she will go in when she wants :D

Thanks for the reassurance. I know myother two tend to go out in all weathers, but they always have been outside bunnies, whereas she's used to being kept in a barn

Is the hutch covered up at all? Maybe an old blanket over the open bit might give her some protection, poor little bunny, she sounds very bewildered :(

Awwwww poor baby.... Like Kayjay said a blanket or something over the front of the cage... Little darling doesn't know whats happening to her..
Let me know if she's okay tomorrow please..

I've a large piece of ply slanted against it. It's too wet to put a blanket cover over. I'll repot back first thing tomorrow. Thanks for all the advice. :)

Back