• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I talked someone out of buying their kids a bunny!

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
This woman came up to me at work today asking about rabbits, because someone had told her I had some. Anyway she was going on about how she was going to go and buy a bunny for her 9 year olds birthday tomorrow.

I said you shouldnt give a child an animal, that you should only get one if you are going to be looking after it and she laughed and said the reason she was after a rabbit because that way she wouldnt have to do that :shock:

And she thought after buying the hutch, the bun would be pretty cheap to look after because rabbit food isnt as expensive as cat or dog food!!

So I started going on about neutering, vaccinations, hay, exercise, cleaning, fresh veg daily, toys and spending lots of time with the bunny and she was just looking at me like I was nuts :roll:

But then she said "oh well it all seems like more hassle than its worth so I wont bother with that then, maybe I will wait until christmas and get her a kitten" :evil:

Sorry this is getting quite long but I am just really shocked. I know you have probably all heard stuff like this before and I have read about people like her on here but this is the first person that has actually said anything like that to me and it has made me really angry!

I will stop now :oops:

Well done for doing the rabbit ramble! I think if more of us rambled it might discourage people from buying rabbits cos they'll think they drive you mad! When I rang Steph about the homecheck I spoke to her hubby and told him I was a friend off RR and he said "So you're slightly mad too then?" :lol: :lol: I had to correct him and tell him it was more than slightly! :lol: :lol:

:lol:

You should have seen the poor guy who sits next to me, he looked so shocked :lol:

And he probably thinks im crazy now

Back