• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dumped Rabbit

happybunny

Mama Doe
I have just had a call from my other half to say he got into work this morning and found a box at the front door. Inside was a small lop with a note saying that they could no longer care for her and could they find her a home. Other than that there was just a carrot in the box (no water).

My husband works at a garden center that NO NOT sell anything to do with animals. He gets to work just after 8 (due to buses) and they do not open until 9. How long had it been there?

Why do people do this??

We are totally full at the moment and do not have a spare hutch. Apparently my OH boss is thinking of keeping it for his young kids. What could I do but say NO, WE WILL HAVE IT???

That will make 15 and 9 g pigs...

:evil: :evil: :evil: This happens such alot how can people do that!!! just dump them on door steps how would they know they would be found by a human and not another animal, thank god your O/H found him

Hi,

Went to pick up OH and bunny from work and discovered that OH boss had already taken her home. OH told boss we would have her and he said we coundnt' coz his wife had already bought it an indoor hutch.

I will send OH to work with some toys tomorrow!

happybunny said:
Hi,

Went to pick up OH and bunny from work and discovered that OH boss had already taken her home. OH told boss we would have her and he said we coundnt' coz his wife had already bought it an indoor hutch.

I will send OH to work with some toys tomorrow!

Well an indoor hutch sounds a good start, why not send a link to RU and a few other bunny sites to give ideas about playpens, bunnyproofing and correct care etc. At least someone has given the poor bunny a home.

Back