• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh my god, kids today are evil

OMG!!!

Poor bunny - and how awful for anyone who witnessed it. :cry:

I have no idea what goes through the heads of some people :evil:

omg :shock: that is absouletly disgusting! i hope they do ring the police! those children obviously need help if they did something like that.
poor little bun :cry: binky free :cry:

I didn't read the thread, but my heart aches at the thought of kids hurting any animal like that. People criticise me and my husband for not wanting kids but why would I want to bring a child into a world like this where entertainment extends to animal cruelty with minimal repercussions? It makes me mad cos I know I would never have dared do something like that, not that I would have wanted to, my Dad would have killed me!

I agree with everyones comments. I couldnt face reading the thread though. My children have been brought up with animals all their lives and abosolutely adore, love and respect them. They know how precious an animals life is. I recently went away on holiday and left my older children in charge of my pets. Unfortunately my old cat Jeremy (17) became quite ill. They obtained veterinary treatment and nursed him. Unfortunately Jeremy passed away in my daughters arms. Jeremys last moments were full of love with my son and daughter cuddling him and telling him how much he was loved. They then with the help of my mum buried him in our lovely garden. I think childrens attitude to animals depends on if they have been surrounded by them when growing upand taught to look after them. There are some horrible evil children and adults out there. :evil:

I couldn't read the thread as it sounds too upsetting. :( Poor bunny :( These children need punishing for what they've done. We seem to be hearing more stories like this in the news nowadays. Were they always happening and they weren't considered newsworthy? Or is it a new 'trend'? Many children/teenagers have no respect for other people, animals and our environment. :(

I think children's attitudes depend on their upbringing and parents. My parents are mad animal and nature lovers and when I was a child we used to watch all the animal and nature documentaries on TV and every weekend we'd go to a nature reserve. Not to mention the number of buns and GP we used to have and still do. They taught me to love and respect all aspects of the nature and gave me a wealth of animal knowledge for which I thank them dearly. Our buns are not pets they are part of the family.

Binky free little bun :(

I couldn't read it either ... What horrible wicked children!!! Pure evill..
And these kids are going to grow up as adults god help us!!

I have only just seen this. :evil: :evil: :evil: Unfortunately I know only too well how utterly vile and cruel kids can be as that is how my own baby Weedie came into rescue - he was found being kicked around by a bunch of kids by someone who was kind enough to pick him up and take him to a local vet surgery. I got him through bizzy_vicki on here who is a nurse at the vets he was taken to.

He sustained a crushed foot (although we didn't know at the time), it was only apparent when he started to limp after I'd had him a couple of weeks and I took him to my own vet who said the foot had been crushed (stamped on! :evil: :evil: ) and the blood supply affected which was causing the foot to decay which was why he had started to drag it. He had his foot amputated and is making a good recovery, although I am still changing the dressing daily at the moment because he started to chew at it as it was healing (I'm an ex vet nurse myself) and putting a dressing on it was the only way to stop him.

Words cannot express the anger and hatred I feel towards these kids and if I was to get hold of them I'd end up doing time cos I'd give them the same treatment they gave to Weedie - see how they like their legs being stamped on and crushed! :evil: :evil:

Unfortunately it seems that these days kids think they can behave exactly as they like and no-one can touch them for it.... a very sad state of affairs in my opinion........

Kids nowadays think they can get away with everything. They don't get punished hard enough, and ASBO's have become a status symbol among yobs. When we first came to England, I was shocked at how rude and loud many kids were. Even in a rather "posh" area like Richmond there are many who have zero respect for adults, animals or other people's property. I am from a small town and not used to that at all. But I know it is getting quite bad in the poor parts of Berlin and Munich etc. as well.
We had a case of a teenage offender who had committed 60 crimes by the time he was 16. Whe he was 16, he was old enough to be punished, so when he committed another crime, the court decided to send him to Turkey to live with his uncle. It started a huge discussion, because a teenager was kicked out of the country without his parents. He then became a TV star in Turkey, before he was caught stealing a computer from the TV studio. He managed to force his way back into Germany for a while, but after attacking and threatening his own parents, he was kicked out forever.
Unfortunately most troublemakers here have a British passport, so can't be kicked out of the country. But I think there are several ways to punish them and to keep them from doing more stupid things. The punishment has to involve some very un-cool work, like cleaning up after dogs etc.. An ASBO alone is not a punishment. If kids misbehave on the bus, like a lot of school kids here in Richmond, the bus driver should have the right to kick them off the bus and make them walk. If they abuse animals, they should be forced to clean up stables or pens in animal shelters. An ASBO does not teach them anything. If they think they have to entertain the whole bus with rap music on their phone, they should have their phone taken away. Unfortunately that would only work if there was a guard on the bus, as the driver can't do all these things.
I don't know if you have boot camps in this country, they seem to be quite popular in the USA. But I don't know if they teach the kids anything useful. They just get shouted at and made to walk, like in the army. It would be better if they were forced to do some work that is of use to society, but which they don't enjoy doing at all.

Just thought people might like to see a pic of Weedie sporting his nice blue "sock" - thankfully the only reminder of the injuries he suffered at the hands of those kids :evil: :evil: :evil:

Weed08.jpg

I'm changing the dressing daily and it's healing beautifully now :D

I must admit If I saw a group of kids kicking around a poor animal I would give them a good slap!!! I know it would be me getting into trouble but I wouldn't care I wouldn't be able to stop myself!
Glad your bunny is healing well bless him...
Oh I'm soooooo mad :evil:

Back