• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blokes and Buns

Jonny

Warren Scout
Am I the only guy who loves buns :( ?

I don't think there are too many blokes who post here, and when I tell my mates I've adopted three little buns they just don't get it. I hear lots of crude jokes about pies and stews... but I am not quite sure why it's mostly the fairer sex who seem to devote their time and love to rabbits!?!

I've always loved them, even as a kid, and only now have I had the pleasure of looking after some of my own. :D

Aww Bless .. I think its just that most men wont admit it :roll: My Dad loves Tills, is all over her, & he even bonded Till & Boo (as well as choosing all my buns so far!!!) ... but he'd never admit it to his mates or anything :roll: X

You're not the only bloke on here

There's Jeremy, Russian Bear, erm......... I'm sure there are more :lol:

Aww, my o/h is as good to the buns as I am :D He cleans, feeds and fusses them just as much! He won't post on here... but he does browse it! :D

Jeremy and Russian Bear and LonBun and Happy Hopping are all male who post frequently :D

Shane wont admit he loves the buns, he must do to be outside in all weathers building them their bunny palace :lol: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and when I tell my mates I've adopted three little buns they just don't get it. I hear lots of crude jokes about pies and stews...

I get those jokes from girls :lol:

My brother loves my bunnies! He will sit and play and cuddle them for hours. And he even does it when his mates are here.

My boyfriend pretends that he thinks I have too many and I spend too much money/time on them. But I know he loves them because he cuddles them when he thinks im not looking. And he feeds them at night when its cold and raining! I caught him lying on the floor with Scarlett last week telling her how beautiful she is :D

my bf adores my pets, the guineas the rabbit and the horses. theres loads of guys with rabbits, i think maybe its just the women talk about them more than men, that said there are plenty of men on here with lovely bunnies and they love chatting.

No you're not alone. I think we counted about 10 blokes on here last time we had a show of hands.

I guess that bunnies are perceived as "cute" and therefore not appropriate male pets. Most people have no idea about how personable they can be.

And yeah, I get all the pie and stew jokes too (in fact I don't think that is confined to us blokes)

Jeremy said:
No you're not alone. I think we counted about 10 blokes on here last time we had a show of hands.

I guess that bunnies are perceived as "cute" and therefore not appropriate male pets. Most people have no idea about how personable they can be.

And yeah, I get all the pie and stew jokes too (in fact I don't think that is confined to us blokes)

Its not I only had it from someone yesterday :evil:

My hubby loves our two.. He's always telling them how beautiful they are, he doesn't tell me I'm beautiful though :( .. He's gone off in the conservatory again to be with Molly & left me to get the children settled into bed..

My hubby thinks they're cute but isn't really that bothered with them but his mate Matt is always sneeking off to have a cuddle with Sam and I have to check his coat when he leaves ........ just in case!! :lol:

dont forget Gizmo as well, he actually has a bit that says' just so people know im a boy' on his siggy!!

my o/h bought me rosie and gets upset when she comes to her mummy for cuddles instead of him!! hehe

he lives in reading so neither of us see him very often and he INSISTS on a cuddle with Rosie before he drives home!!!

Glad to know I'm not the only then!

But believe me if you're a bunny-loving bloke living in an old Derbyshire mining town, it's not the sort of thing you bring up over a pint at the local! :lol:

Jonny said:
Glad to know I'm not the only then!

But believe me if you're a bunny-loving bloke living in an old Derbyshire mining town, it's not the sort of thing you bring up over a pint at the local! :lol:

Aw Bless :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and there is mit and Dan

my hubby likes buns but my bun dont like my hubby if that makes sense.

she charges at him chews his trouser leg and tries boxin him............ :lol:

My OH claims he wants nothing to do with the rabbits as they are "my" pets - yet when we had that cold snap the other month who asked if they had extra bedding as it was going to be a frosty night :roll: (they already had it) and who drove me down to London to find Cosmos a new partner after Violet died?

But there again the dogs are "his" pets but who actually looks after them... men :? :wink: !

Caz

my dad claims he cant stand bunnies but when felicity (his girlfriends house bunny) chews his slippers and follows him around adoringly, he never tells her to go away

and my brother will fuss over mine IF i'm not watching!

My OH is not an animal person at all, but he knew how desperate I was to get a pet of some description and it was him who bought Bundle for me after 3 years of waiting!

Now we have two buns and he loves them (even though he wouldn't admit it! :roll: :lol: ) He makes a fuss of them, spoils them with treats and would totally overfeed them if I didn't watch him! :lol: :lol: But if they ever do anything naughty they go from being referred to as "the buns" to "your rabbits"!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He can't understand my obsession with RU though....... :roll:

My o/h loves the bunnies, and is great at looking after them. He and Squidgy spend most of the day together as well, so they're great mates :roll:
He wouldn't have chosen rabbits as pets, I don;t think, but he loves them being here.

Back