• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No rabbit carrier, box be okay ?

karen354

Warren Veteran
Hi I'm hopefully collecting Lady tomorrow(the rabbit from the free ads)... I don't have a pet carrier,will a box full of hay be okay ? Usually I would have someone with me but tomorrow I will be on my own.. Would she jump out of the box do you think when I'm driving.. I put her in a box when I collected her on Monday & she seemed okay...

Does anyone know where I can buy a reasonable carrier from?

I would have thought a box would be ok as long as air can get in and out. Otherwise have a look in Wilkinsons if you can, they have various carriers there fairly reasonably priced. Or Pets at Home and other petshops sell cardboard carriers for a few quid, but these are only really useable once as they'll get wet but good for an emergency :D

I got a pet carrier from Argos (think it's supposed to be a cat carrier) I think it was the medium sized one and was about £13.99

Last yr., when I drove to pick up my bunny, she eats at the bottom of the car (foot rest part), for 1/2 hr. I didn't use any crrier or box until I need to get her on a plane.

When taking my 6 to the vets I had one less carrier than I needed... I put Tia in a box, put lots of air holes in and put tape on the top so it didn't stay open. She was fine! :D

Back