• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breeders carrier boxes

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
I was just wondering why breeders use those wooden carrying boxes when going to shows etc, rather than the plastic ones you can buy in shops?

thanks

Is it to do with the fact the Rabbits are likely to spend quite a long time in them and the plastic ones may get too hot? :?

Janex

Probably orginally tradition and they are sturdier than plastic and as Jane says better insulated. Plus they're thicker/darker so will muffle sound and be less stressful for the bunnies.

Tam

With the piggie ones they can be made with lots of ventilation holes and also can be divided off so you can have space for 4 individual ones or 2 pairs or even just as one large container.

These ones are far more adaptable than the plastic pet carriers.

Probably ads in the back of fur & feather. Downside is they are heavier to carry :)

Bum I don't get fur and feather, probably a bonus as my buns are porky probably wont be able to life them :lol: :lol:

I just had a look in a couple of old copies of Fur & Feather and there is nothing as far as I can see.

Gemma x

There is a man in Epsom who makes guinea pig wooden carriers, I Would think he probably would do rabbit carriers as well

Back