• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the hay experts

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
im hoping to do an order from them in the next day or so :D justwondered if anyone could recommend any of the toys? i want to get some for them to have for christmas but also some to save up so i can swap their toys around a bit :D also anything else you would recommend from the site would be a big help :D
thanks in advance

I can recommend everything! :lol: The grassy ball is really nice, you can fill it with hay, and hide some treats under the hay, etc.. I love all the mats, especially the seagrass ones. The baskets are nice, too.

ok thanks (mine did have a seagrass mat but just used it as a toilet :roll: ) will have a look at all of those :D like the idea of putting hay in the toys, that will definately encourage them :D

Hey
I've just had an order from there.
Mine haven't bothered with the maize & seagrass mat - just used as a toilet too :lol: They love the willow hay rack and large willow balls.

I also ordered chunky apple stix's but they are for their stockings!

I really liked their christmas cards!

Its a great site and they keep you well informed of what stage your order is at.

Happy shopping
Lian x

Ive just had my delivery from the Hay Experts, which I ordered on Monday evening,
:D :D :D :D

1x Willow Hay Rack with Field Fresh Meadow Hay
1x Grassy Ball
4x Small Vine Balls,
1x 500 Papaya Tablets
1x Rustic Bowl,
2x Science Recovery

Total £38.75

I have just ordered a big box of brome hay. I hope my bunnies don't change their minds again and decide they don't like it now. :lol: I've also ordered a big bag of SS and a tree shaped willow basket.

And I agree, the bunny cards are adorable. I have some of Anita Jeram's books (well, my kids have them, but... :oops: ) and one bunny looks almost like my Snoopy.

I have a big willow ball which I only give them in the run, and they slowly destroy it. The normally don't play with toys very much. They prefer cardboard boxes and things they can sit on top of. The apple sticks are very popular here, and also the orchard grass. Western Timothy hay gets ignored. :roll:

Trip like the basket of apple sticks but thats all he will really play with :?

The other too love the seagrass mats, all the rattle toys and the big vine balls. Oh and its not a toy but mine all love the critter grass and bunny sprouts :D

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
i bought the bunny sprouts last time i ordered and keep forgetting to plant them, must do that some time!
thanks everyone keep the ideas coming although my list on there earlier ran to about £40!!!!! :shock:

Mine like the roll toys, I fill them with hay and they love em, I'd reccomend anything on that site :lol:

I just got the new willow and seagrass basket off them and my buns LOVE it. It's their new favourite toy! I'd definetly get it if your rabbit likes ot chew things! :D

i bought the bunny sprouts last time i ordered and keep forgetting to plant them, must do that some time!
thanks everyone keep the ideas coming although my list on there earlier ran to about £40!!!!!

You wait about 10 days for them to grow and they are all eaten in about an hour :lol:

I know it adds up doesnt it! I always say im just going to order a few new toys and some hay but end up spending about £90 each time :oops:

They last ages too cus they dont eat the wood, they just have fun getting the filler out :D Bargain for £2 something :D

sillyrabbit said:
thanks everyone keep the ideas coming although my list on there earlier ran to about £40!!!!!

You wait about 10 days for them to grow and they are all eaten in about an hour :lol:

I know it adds up doesnt it! I always say im just going to order a few new toys and some hay but end up spending about £90 each time :oops:

at least you habe to wean them so can only give them a little bit at a time to start with, with my rats i spent about a week growing some nice grass and it was totally destroyed in about 5 minutes!!! :shock: :shock:

cheekytikki said:
ooo yeah i saw that! it was/is on my list :D i thought it would be nice to fill with hay and treats too! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Yep, that what I do! :D I always make my girls a hay salad every night with orchard grass, dried dandelions and dried parsley and mix it all together in the basket. It's great because once they have finished their hay they start on the basket! :lol: :lol:

ooo mine love orchard grass!! why does it have to be sooo expensive?!?!?! (actually they probably wouldnt like it if it was cheap :lol: )

but that sounds like a yummy mix! cant wait till christmas when my buns get to have all their goodies!!!!!

loopylop said:
They last ages too cus they dont eat the wood, they just have fun getting the filler out :D Bargain for £2 something :D

yeah i saw them too i use old loo rolls atm :oops: so might be time for an upgrade :lol:

Aww .. I said I wasnt spoiling Tilly this christmas ... but .. she's had a rough year, I have quite a bit of spare money left over from christmas pressies ... Maybe I could have a little peek on their site. I never ever just go on for a browse, as I end up spending money I dont have!!!! :lol: X

Back