• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Joy of Bunnies

Jonny

Warren Scout
It's been almost a month now since Ben, Pippin and Jess found a new home with us. Although they are still quite timid and don't like being handled, they have brought my wife and I more joy than we could have ever imagined. I could literally spend hours watching them through the window of the shed, tossing their boxes around and reversing through their tunnels!

When I originally decided to get buns, I ordered a 6X2 hutch and a run. Ended up converting the garden shed for them instead of using the hutch, and attached the run to the side. I now have a nice big hutch which is totally unused and in need of a resident or two! I'm not going to rush into anything this side of Christmas, but I'm thinking I might take on a bonded pair in a new year... if my wife can be persuaded.

Jonny that would be lovey of you...bonded pairs are generally harder to home and I know there are 2 pairs on the in need section which have been looking for homes for years :cry:
So gad you are enjoying being a bunny owner...I think you were warned they are addictive! :lol:

They are wonderful aren't they? My favourite time of day is with my bunnies. I saw Salt and Pepper (from Jill, Honeybunny) on here and fell in love, so I now have two bonded pairs and a single house bunny.

I was indeed warned they were addictive.

I find it very therapeutic to sit back and watch them do their own rabbity things... it's great for stress relief and is a welcome distraction from the trivial woes that seem to preoccupy us all in everyday life.

My poor cats are getting neglected though! :(

Back