• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

show us yer veges!

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
random thread! thought we could post up piccies of the bunsters veges just for ideas, feeding guidelines and geneal nosiness :lol: :lol: :lol:

right here is the veg for my two tonight they have savoy cabbage, greens, celery, cucmber, broccoli and tomato

veges.jpg

:lol: :lol:

bless. i was worried i was feeding my two too much but yours is about the same amount as mine..

oddly enough i don't have any photos of vegetables lol but tonight they had green beans, carrots and celery.. yum

I have to rip all mine up into little pieces for Cli and Jasp... if I don't Clio runs off with the best bits and won't share with Jasp!! :shock: :no:

Clio and Jasp with their veg...
mm12.jpg

And Tia bun...
mm16.jpg

They all get twice as much as that now :roll: :lol:

hmm dont know cuz dont put mine in a bowl, but they get a freezer bag stapped as full as poss at night. 2night they had a whole small swede chopped, and a handful from supermarket mixed bag of greens (greens, savoy and kale)

Looking at yours maybe I'm not feeding enough. They have one big cabage leaf each and some herbs. I only give them carrot as a treat as they get soft poo. They have fruit now and again. I don't give them broccoli as I thought it caused gas in some buns. A trip to Tesco for more vegies today is needed I think. :D

i think brocoli can cause gas in some buns but mine are fine with it. i was told that as long as they didnt have squishy poop that the veg amount was ok and by buns have had over a pound of veg with no side effects before althouhg they dont usually get over a pound ) i think it might be becasue they eat loads and loads of hay so keeps their poopies nice and firm :D

:shock: From the pictures above, I suspect I might not be feeding enough veg either!

I feed a couple of large leaves of spring greens or similar, an inch of carrot and some carrot tops, an inch or so of celery, two or three broccoli florets and half a tomato. It looks like a fair amount, but no where near as much as the pics above! :lol:

Jacob is a good hay eater though and she rarely finishes her pellets (even on the new reduced amount) so I guess she's not hungry :?

My two have a stick of celery, a leaf of Savoy cabbage, a carrot, and broccoli each day, all spread out during the day :D

i feed lola my frenchie less than some of the veggies on here! but that's because the little tinker wont touch her hay otherwise

lola gets 1 leaf spring greens twice per day plus daily - 1 inch carrot, a stick of celery and a small piece of pear - she also gets fresh parsley or mint (full pot) twice per week and maybe some kale or brocolli once per week (and nasturtiums etc in summer)

i feed the other 3 older buns - 1/2 leaf spring greens twice per day plus daily carrot, celery and small piece of pear (as lola) - they get bits of parsley mint brocolli etc once or twice per week

i find that none of mine will entertain even the good hay unless i give them frugal amounts of veg and tiny amounts of pellets!!

mine prefer hay to veg :D so when i put their veges in i put in a couple of handfulls of hay too and they pig out on the hay and then eat their veges over the next hour or so, unless i hand feed the veges then they practically bite my fingers off :lol: i must just have 2 very well behaved hay eaters :D

o lucky you!

send them round to mine to train my little monsters please! veg is always the first thing to go in our house then pellets then the hay (and you can see them sulking as they eat it)

i only give them a tablespoon each of pellets per day as they are so lazy and they have to chase them round in treat balls to get them!

mine have a teaspoon of pellets each day in their treatballs and normally there is still some left when i go to bed at night. my buns eat bob martins hay (i get it from sainsburys in 1kg vacuum packs) they have etaen more hay since being on this and it smells really yummy!

NicolaB18 said:
here is my lots eating

thefeast.jpg

:love:

Poor Norman, tell him if he comes and lives here, he can have a bowl all of his own :love: Poor little thing, my beautiful Norm having to share :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i have just donr mine and sliced my finger in the process :( i had to wash ALOT of blood off the vegies :lol:

sarahbarnsley said:
o lucky you!

send them round to mine to train my little monsters please! veg is always the first thing to go in our house then pellets then the hay (and you can see them sulking as they eat it)

i only give them a tablespoon each of pellets per day as they are so lazy and they have to chase them round in treat balls to get them!

LOL< rosie has one of them as well, she will eat it too quickly without it, she has two wire hay mangers in her cage though and i fill it up about 3 times a day!!!!

is this too much hay or is there no such thing as too much hay?!

i dont think there is such a thing as too much hay. mine have their litter tray filled up 2-3 times a day they also have a large 'chube' which i fill up with hay 1-2 times a day :D

right just because i am weird :D here is another pic of my buns veg tonight they have savoy cabbage, greens, broccoli, cucumber, celery, sprouts, swede and as a little treat carrots with tops

vege2.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D who says my buns are spolit :lol:

cheekytikki said:
right just because i am weird :D here is another pic of my buns veg tonight they have savoy cabbage, greens, broccoli, cucumber, celery, sprouts, swede and as a little treat carrots with tops

vege2.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D who says my buns are spolit :lol:

Can I come round for dinner?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sssh don't show my buns all that veg, mine are hard done by :lol: I'm trying to get mine to eat more hay so I've cut pellets and veg down

per bunny they get about 1/2 a small tomato dish (the ones tomatoes come in at the supermarket) with greens and max 1/2 medium carrot or 1/4 medium apple

Back