• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are we soft or just silly ?

karen354

Warren Veteran
Hi, As our 2 rabbits are not bonded we are having to keep them seperate. but so not to make the other jealous I am in the sitting room with bertie & my husband is sittting in the conservatory with our new rescue bunny princess Molly..
We've done this since having Molly last week we then swap over & I sit with Molly & he sits with bertie!!! Are we just two softies or is there anyone as silly as us ?
Karen :p

I think its sweet, I wish my boyf was the same, then maybe he'd understand how I feel about my boys. Dont get me wrong, he likes them and will stroke them and give them cuddles and stuff, he jst doesnt understand how far I go for them, cuz after all "they'r only rabbits" :(

well we've had lola since feb and never bonded her with Gus so sometimes we sit in seperate rooms with them

but mostly we make a barrier from those storage grids and divide the living room in half - very glamorous not! - and then have fun having tv and tea interrupted by them leaping over it or knocking it over (any higher though and gail cant climb over it!)

you're not soft - just a good owner

is bertie neutered Karen? If so you can bond them now....bertie can go with Molly when she goes to be spayed so as not to break the bond.

Your not silly - just caring :D

My Mum and Dad still haven't managed to sucessfully bond Charlie and Tia so they do the same thing. The sit in the conservatory each with a bun on their knee for hours (the buns are so cuddly and love being held) :D

They are still working on bonding and the buns run around inside together but sometimes Charlie annoys Tia and she tells him off with a nip. Fortunately our two couples bonded straight away. :D Rosie was bonded with Leo (nuetered) when she was only 12 weeks old so he wasn't spayed and we had no problems. She did annoy him a bit when she reached maturity. When she went to be spayed tho I made the mistake of separating them and Leo got distressed and developed Stasis.

My OH spends more time with our housebun Willow than me! :lol:

Hi Mandy, Yes bertie is neauted... I have tried them but there have been full on fights! I have noticed that molly gives bertie the odd sneaky nip so it's ends up in a fight... Do you think I should keep trying? I'm going to use the bathroom for bonding because that's the only place bertie doesn't go in often... We had Molly from a rescue & she's quite little & underweight so I was worried she might get hurt ...

karen354 said:
Hi Mandy, Yes bertie is neauted... I have tried them but there have been full on fights! I have noticed that molly gives bertie the odd sneaky nip so it's ends up in a fight... Do you think I should keep trying? I'm going to use the bathroom for bonding because that's the only place bertie doesn't go in often... We had Molly from a rescue & she's quite little & underweight so I was worried she might get hurt ...

When I introduced the buns i have now they were both neutered, but only for about 3 weeks, so no hormones would have died down.

A lot of people say on here that once you've introduced them you shouldnt seperate them, as each time they meet they have to re-establish who is boss and I agree. Audrey and Rowan had a terrible fight when introduced, rolling abotu on the floor, fur flying and biting. So I sat with them for about 3 hours to make sure they didnt hurt each other. After that time they had calmed down and there was just a little chasing.

They then stayed on neutral territory for 3 days, which I think really helps.

Fur pulling and chasing is normal, as long as they are not really going for it and hurting each other- drawing blood etc then there is no need to seperate them.

If you're not sure she's 100% healthy then perhaps wait a little.

Back