• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had an escape! U/D worked it out

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
I got home from work tonight to discover that Rowan was not in his and Audrey's pen :shock:

Found him in the lounge sitting by the chewed through telephone wire :shock:

He obviously hasnt been out long as there are no poos anywhere. Not sure how on earth he's managed it as it has a lid on, but will need to work it out!

I fell asleep with Scarlett in the living room last night, she cant get to any wires but I had my phone charger hanging out my bag on the table and she jumped up and chewed it :oops:

I feel really bad and I was only asleep for like 5 minutes. My brother was in the room playing on the xbox and didnt notice :roll:

Its scary though. It wasnt plugged in but it frightened me. Its the first wire I have had chewed

sillyrabbit said:
Its the first wire I have had chewed

:lol: :lol: :lol: sorry i just read this as 'its the first wire i have chewed':oops:

teegs once jumped out of his pen which is 29" high i really didnt think he could get that high! he done it again once when i was having a nap :oops: and he woke me up by jumping on my head :roll: :lol:

Floss escaped from the garden run when I was too lazy to replace the lid..after all, the run is 3' high and who'd think a little 4lb bunny could jump out! :shock: However I caught her trying to do it again (deliberately left the lid off to see how she did it) and she more or less climbed out up the mesh! :lol:

Bundle said:
OMG! :shock: :shock: Lucky it was just the phone wire he's chewed through! :shock: :shock:

I know thats what I was thinking.

Im just glad it wasnt Audrey who got out as she is destructo bun. Before i leave for work tomorrow I'll make sure to shut all the doors so if he manages it again at least there wont be so much potential damage to be done!

Got home tonight and he was out again :eek:

It didnt matter too much as I'd put the barrier up at the kitchen to stop him going anyway naughty...but I still need to sort it out. :(

Awww, he obviously wants to be free range :lol:

I have to lock my pair up when I'm out, otherwise I would have no house left! :lol:

loopylop said:
Awww, he obviously wants to be free range :lol:

I have to lock my pair up when I'm out, otherwise I would have no house left! :lol:

:lol: Yes thats why I have to do it :lol: Otherwise Id be happy for them to be out all the time. The other problem is that I leave the tiny window open in the kitchen during the day for Worm to go out and I had put a lid on their pen because I was worried something might come in and hurt them :(

I guess for the moment I'll have to keep it closed :? .

No :?

The lid is held down in 6 places with these clip things which cannot be taken off, so the only thing I can think of is that he is squeezing out of gaps where it is not held on at the top (which means he'd have to climb up the side 2.5ft :?) or he's pushing it up at the bottom.

I think when im in at the weekend I'll put them in it and see what he does.

Naughty bun! :shock: Rabbits can seem to get anywhere if they want to though! :lol:

Have you got a camcorder you can set up? Then you can try and catch him ;) Must be really annoying trying to work out how he's doing it!

he sounds like my frida - her pen is held together with cable ties and she cant climb out of the top

but last night i heard a huge bang upstairs and rushed up there to find frida attempting to murder lola (who is 4 times her size)

she was locked in her pen and i think she must have actually pushed the pen up (which weighs a ton) and squeezed out :shock:

thought id update you...

I *think* I seem to have worked out how he was doing it- you wont believe it but it seems he was squeezing his way out of the bottom part of the crate :shock:

On one side the bars are slightly further apart and I saw him poking his head through a few times so pushed it up against the wall and it hasnt happened since.

I honestly cant believe he managed to get through- he weighs about 3.5kg and is a big boy!

Hopefully thats sorted it now though.

:lol: :lol: Awww bless him,where theres a will theres a way.
Glad you have got to the bottom of it :D

Back