• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Awful hutch

kayjay

Warren Veteran
I passed a junkshop yesterday and noticed a hutch outside for sale so I stopped to have a look - I'd like a guineapig hutch for the odd rescue and this looked a reasonable size.

Well, it was about 4 ft long, not very tall, ok for guinea pigs. The wire was bent in but I could replace that, so I looked inside :shock: the poor previous occupants shavings, poo etc was all still piled up. To be honest it really upset me that the rabbit had obviously died/be killed by fox (due to the wire I thought poss) and the owners/junkshop owner couldn't be bothered to even remove it's poo. And there was a lot of it..... poor bun obviously hadn't been cleaned out on a regular basis, you can just imagine what the other care was like.

I walked away in tears :cry:

I was passing there today Kathryn and noticed it, I can't believe anyone would even consider keeping a bun in a hutch of that height (ideal for piggers though as you said). Didn't feel the need to stop for a closer look following your description!

Gem x

Back