• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shocked at what I have just seen!

GemmaH

Mama Doe
:evil: I've just been to a children's party, I was laughing along with all of the children until the children's entertainer lifted up a box to reveal a rabbit. My face must have just dropped, there was this beautiful little chinchilla Nethie sitting there whilst a group of rowdy pre-schoolers sat below him. As if that wasn't bad enough the man then asked the children to give the rabbit a round of applause and they all started clapping, along with him who had his hands not two feet from the bun's head. He then scooped it up and, holding it on one hand (!) walked round the children so they could all stroke it.

I still can't get over it, I wonder how many times a week poor little Simba has to endure that?!

Just editing to say I've just found he has a website which shows two other Nethies, neither of which are the one he used today.

Well it was just sitting there not doing much, until he held it's carrier out that is then it hopped straight in, it's nose was twitching away so possibly not too bad. It's probably used to it if it does them all the time but can you imagine what it's first time out must have been like?

buddabun said:
poor thing. that's a bit OTT for a kdis party!!

I had a magician with a rabbit for my 4th/5th birthday! Think all kids love to see fluffy little buns.

If they really wanted to use an animal they could have at least substituted the real rabbit for a stuffed toy :(

:shock: That's awful, a screaming kids party really isn't the place for any animal is it?

My son had a magician for his party a couple of years ago and the magician had a puppet animal, it was great as all the kids thought it was real anyway at that age.

The rabbit's probably used to it poor thing but imagine how scared it must have been in the beginning :evil:

Back