• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

some one you have never seen before.........

awwww hes a cutie :love:
has he got a strong eye? (looks a bit like it in the 2nd pic) if he has do you find it to be a problem? how do you distract him? (just researching would love a collie and thinking about potential problems first :D)

TBH i don't know what you mean by storng eye, but i do know alot about collies, if you needa ny help just ask! :D

sorry changed post now i think it known as a strong eye where they will stare at things they want to herd and just stare and stare (obv. in the field collies use their intense stare to help with the herding) i know one collie and once he starts watching something you cannot distract him with anything, just wondered if it was something you can teach early

ben doesn't really stare at things until he sees a tennis ball, then he lies on the floor in the "herding" possison and stares at it until you throw.
Chance doesn't do that because he was born in london (poor boy didn't EVER go outside :( and was kept in a tiny flat) but ben's parents are working dogs

thanks, he hasn't got blue eyes, when he was very young he had grey eyes but now they are lovely and brown

Back