• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Prayer for Belle.update.sad news PTS

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
I went to pick up this poor little piggie today..she is called Belle..(was living with a bun called Tinker..see pic below)

Bellea.jpg

Another example of why not to keep buns and gps together..while I was driving home heard noises in carrier and stopped opened it and bun was on top of very distressed piggie..had left them together for journey as thought it would be less stressful for them :(
When picked little Belle up ..well she is like a sprayed skeleton :cry: ..She has overgrown front teeth and was listless.. her eyes closing...I didn't want to stress her further with trip to vet so onto a warmed towel and syringes of baby food......I guess the food put down by her owner had been disappearing into the well fed Tinker..so the owner never noticed Belle wasn't eating..
She lapped up the syringes of baby food and is a bit perkier..but she also has scars round her nose..not sure what they are? anyone??? Will syringe her through the night and she will go to vet in morning.. :(
this is Tinker a very lively year old black lop that has obviously been scaring the living daylights out of little Belle
Tinker.jpg

Belle fits on my hand and Tinker is a smallish dwarf lop who hasn't sat still since I got him..poor little piggie must have been bashed and bruised everyday :cry:

Aww poor little Belle. Im sending her healthy vibes and love and so do my four piggies :D Some people just dont understand what a bun can do to a piggy :? xxx

Poor Belle! Thinking and praying for her, I'm sure she will make a full recovery now she is in good hands. And what a beauty Tinker is!!

Belle

Hi Jill,

Thank goodness you could rescue her!! Do say how she gets on - she looks beautiful.

Belle had blood coming out of her rear end when she passed droppings..took her to the vet and sadly she was put to sleep. Vet thinks she has probably been knocked around a bit by the innocent bunny since they were put together... :cry:
RIP little guinea xx

Poor piggy - and stupid owners, although even my own vet suggested putting a pig with Pippa before we got MJ for her, so unfortunately the wrong advice is out there. I don't have words for the owners though, to leave her in the state she was in :evil:

RIP Bella

To be fair to the owner he is VERY unwell himself that is why he is giving up his pets..but still wish he had rung me sooner :(
Thanks to Ange for coming with me to the vets...

I'm sure he didn't mean for his pet to be hurt but she has been... all it would have taken was a little more care and thought on his part.... its so sad.

oh no :cry:

Poor Belle :cry: :cry: .

Jill, you are a member of theguineapigforum arent you?
I wonder if its worth posting this as a cautionary tale, as a couple of people still keep pigs and rabbits together on there :(

omg this is so sad and shocking that the bunny was the cause of this, i know people that have kept piggies and bunnies together and have lived happily and had long lives together - this is tragic RIP little Belle :cry:

Back