• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grumpy Thumps at the vets

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Thumper stopped eating last night so wisked him to the vets this morning .

its his troublesome molar again so he has stayed in for a dental :?

im realy worried about my old boy and i jump everytime the phone rings :?

home safe and sound and eating everything in sight . just getting snugglesafe ready then its reunion with wifey . :)

hope she doesnt give him a hard time for staying out so late :? :? :lol:

he has an ulcer on his gum so antibiotics for a while now :? and todays little lot cast me £120 :shock: :shock:

bunnymadhouse said:
home safe and sound and eating everything in sight . just getting snugglesafe ready then its reunion with wifey . :)

hope she doesnt give him a hard time for staying out so late :? :? :lol:

he has an ulcer on his gum so antibiotics for a while now :? and todays little lot cast me £120 :shock: :shock:

Ouch - with that & Star.... (How is Star? i'm off to meet Louise at some point, so will let you know)

I just got my statement of account... £510. I'm pretty sure when it said "payment now due", it meant "after Christmas & only if you can afford" :oops: :lol:

Did that Vet Receptionist ring you re spayed girlie?

£120 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

So pleased the old boy is OK :thumb:

He can tell the wife he was late home as he was buying her Christmas pressies!! :wink:

Janex

Great news Thumps is OK! :D

£120!!!!! :shock: Crikey I only paid £65.00 for the last dental I had done and that included the consultation and pain relief for a few days after.

Louise

yup i thought it was steep too . :?

O/H was not amused :shock: :?

it was a locum today ... i think we got charged for every little thing :( .

Why not tactfully query it with the practice vet. The if the locums dont pull in the cash, they dont get used again. Seems like a lot for an ulcer.

regards

Adam

I agree with Adam. Ring the Dodworth branch and query it. :?

One of our cats had a dental a few weeks ago and it came to £130.00 including consultation, bloods, clean/polish, an extraction and all meds

Louise

Back